Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

First aircooled 65 single cab
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

I think people are posting their projects on social media nowadays instead of making a build thread. I don't do social media so Ill keep updating this thread indefinitely!

I took a break from working on the truck for a while and really missed the smell of metal and burning funky green primer!

wcfvw69 wrote:
Great thread. I hadn't seen it before. Seems like not many people are taking the time to post these types of metal repairs these days. Glad some still are for our viewing pleasure. Wink

It much funner to watch and not have my nose clogged with grinding metal/dust. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

Well you are doing a good job my friend. Thanks for all the posts 👍🏽
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:
unobtainium had a free bin at the ski round top swap meet today, got a nice trans mount out of the free box!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Never have I seen one plated like that.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
Great thread. I hadn't seen it before. Seems like not many people are taking the time to post these types of metal repairs these days. Glad some still are for our viewing pleasure. Wink

It much funner to watch and not have my nose clogged with grinding metal/dust. Wink

Same here...I just picked up on this thread a few weeks ago and I'm enjoying the frequent updates. Nothing new there though, I'm usually the last one to the show.
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

after I removed the majority of the tar mess in my treasure chest there wasn't any particular area that wasn't perforated with rust so Ive reluctantly began removing the floor from the separation panel strip and back.... time to save for a floor now haha

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

yesterday was move out day, consolidating all my crap back at my home garage

it's always fun seeing the truck on the ground

not fun moving all this heavy equipment
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

picked up Gertrude last night in preparation for a big day today!

pretty much everything is getting stripped off so next weekend i can take this thing to the body shop to get blasted, epoxied and painted!

i was happy to wake up to my truck in the driveway, nice to have all my rides in one place again

ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

tear down

front beam and steering box tomorrow
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

stripped!

59rusty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

Looking good! Are you going to install the long panel before it goes to body shop? Popcorn
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

I was going to but then it dawned on me that the blaster can access way more of the treasure chest with the panel off and it will be easier to epoxy prime it also.
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:
I was going to but then it dawned on me that the blaster can access way more of the treasure chest with the panel off and it will be easier to epoxy prime it also.

Exactly, I’ve been holding on mine too for the same reason: access. Makes me feel like I’m so far off, but once installed, man, what a difference it’ll make! Keep it up!

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
ryans65 wrote:

Exactly, I’ve been holding on mine too for the same reason: access. Makes me feel like I’m so far off, but once installed, man, what a difference it’ll make! Keep it up!

It does make it seem that way! Cant wait to see this thing blasted, should be a good start to 2019.
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

chassis dolly things complete, parts are loaded, headed to the body shop tomorrow morning!

Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

I made some dollies years ago (like 25 years) that were similar height, it was REAL close getting it onto the flatbed (without scraping). If I recall, we had to do some creative jacking on the fly. Just two weeks ago I added 5" riser extensions to said dolly to avoid a repeat.

I hope your plan is better than mine was Wink

Edit: looking at it again now, your rear casters are further back than mine were, your rear end would probably be okay going up on a flatbed, if indeed that is your plan.
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

loaded

unloaded

Schwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

You've come a long way man, looking good!

Single Cab - BBXXVII Long Distance Winner
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

thank you! should be rolling by spring!
Schwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:

Spring is in 8 days! Laughing

I have to tease you so I can feel better about my own progress haha.

Single Cab - BBXXVII Long Distance Winner
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: First aircooled 65 single cab Reply with quote

ughh don't remind me! it's still waiting it's turn at the body shop

Laughing

Schwing wrote:
ryans65 wrote:

Spring is in 8 days! Laughing

I have to tease you so I can feel better about my own progress haha.
Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Page 19 of 24

Jump to: