Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I may of out smarted my self
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

I have defended Marks speeeling in the past Shocked
I have found that when he needs to make a salient point in a post. His spilllllleng becums purfict. And there are, as stated above, Knaugets of information to be had. If you take the time to read his postes

Keep up your funny and informative posts Mark. I always get a little laugh out of them.

For those that are shocked that Mark is African American, You'd be shocked where he lives. Hint, not FLA. Do yur resirch and figure it out. Lol

Rauk on Marc. Cool

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

vwkirb wrote:
VWporscheGT3 wrote:
i always pictured you as a backwoods white guy lol Laughing

Sometimes I think there's a touch of southern in his writing that people don't get. James Joyce meets Mark Twain meets the Samba.

Just think about it.

You forgot Al Sharpton. Laughing

Tuckey is about as black as George Washington. I think he just 'mis-spells' on purpose so if you don't get the info right he is not responsible if it blew up.

If anyone needs advice, I am sure people can get all they want here on Samba. You can pick apart whatever and just take what you need. But in the end, you are still on your own.

So my advice.... get all the experience you can get on working on VWs where it is available. I am sure one can figure out soon enough how not to do many things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Singerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

vwkirb wrote:

Sometimes I think there's a touch of southern in his writing that people don't get. James Joyce meets Mark Twain meets the Samba.

Just think about it.

Okay, I nearly peed myself laughin'.

Having a litterary background myself, I'd say about 1/3 of the fun I have reading forums such as this one is trying to figure who the people I read regularly really are. Based on the way they write, the way they interract with people, their opinions. Naturally, the mind kinda tends to fill in the blanks.

The thing is, I practicly never get to verify the accuracy of my imagination. I'm probably way off on my mind's depiction of pretty much everybody here. So, Mark may be a hillbilly southerner, a Jersey transplant or a groovy VW brother, maybe none of that or maybe all at the same time... One thing he sure is, is an interesting fella.

Oh yeah and back on topic: Gotta love those tit nuts Cool
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

I love this group of people Laughing ....everyone is trying to figure out what type of person Mark Tucker is because you just can't tell from his literary prose......a southern gentleman from Flor-rida?......a redneck mechanic in a white pickup with a rebel flag painted on top?......a retired NASA enginneer from the Florida cape with a really bad voice to text package on his I-phone 2?........

My vote......none of the above........I visualize a skinny Jamaican lesbian mechanic named Marcia with an accent so thick that it just defies any voice to text program on the market..........but a damned good mechanic nevertheless.

Laughing Wink
Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Singerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

As much as I'm itching to know, who doesn't love a bit of speculation?
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

Actually.....I am beginning to suspect that I dont actually exist.....and I am just another program in the "matrix".

I get that damn damn "captcba" screen popping up on me about once a week these days on the Samha.....and I have to swear I'm not a robot.

Perhaps the system knows something I dont? Wink
Ray
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

So just how is it that I'm black? That's news to me.. but what differance would it make it I was? Hmm now I'm wondering if lm color blind and never knew it. I reckon the ex spurts have spoken... I'm a brother. A very well educated brother....That just so happens to know how to weed out the clueless...But they're always growing back.so I'll keep spreading the weed killer and thier shit will always be broken,leeking , unreliable, under powered ,bad mpg and all shiney at the car shows it showed up to on a trailer.and I don't mind.as they can be quite amusing for all to see.but iris drive my car there and back with no issues....As useual.and every day without hesitation. I'm quite proud. That I don't have the VW. Mentally.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
So just how is it that I'm black? That's news to me.. but what differance would it make it I was? Hmm now I'm wondering if lm color blind and never knew it. I reckon the ex spurts have spoken... I'm a brother. A very well educated brother....That just so happens to know how to weed out the clueless...But they're always growing back.so I'll keep spreading the weed killer and thier shit will always be broken,leeking , unreliable, under powered ,bad mpg and all shiney at the car shows it showed up to on a trailer.and I don't mind.as they can be quite amusing for all to see.but iris drive my car there and back with no issues....As useual.and every day without hesitation. I'm quite proud. That I don't have the VW. Mentally.

Laughing Laughing Laughing ....Luv ya man! ......you know I'm just poking fun at you....but what you just said just reminded me of the Dave Chappelle skit about the blind black man, raised by white supremacists who thinks he is white, hates black people and is a leader of the KKK.

Laughing Horribly funny....13 minutes worth on Youtube...and far too volatile for me to post a link to it here....or I would.... Laughing
Ray
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

Your not the only one poking fun ..Like I said a good way to weed them out...Then poke fun. At them..Although the rest clueless ones don't know it s
And continue on with thier superiority complex.....It's all good. Car's are as fun as their eccentric owners. Face it were all a tad off plumb..... Some more than others and some plumb dumb.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

Amen brotha Mark. Amen
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
I may of out smarted my self

That sounds like an interesting challenge....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Singerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
Im African American. oops darn there is that seplling/grammar thing again... Im A frican American, not English.

Mark. this joke started the black dude thing. Not that it would make any difference either way.
Frank Bassman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

Mark, what you said about a LOT of these show cars is so true. So shiny but they get there on a trailer... Some people will spend 2k on wheels and tires before 50 dollars on anything in the drivetrain...car running like ass, oblivious to the fact... And have a beautiful piece of useless sh#t.

Crazy! But amusing as all hell.

-Frank
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

Ive seen as much crap on trailers as shiners.one show was won by a buggy that was oh so new and probably $20000+.in it and...had to be pushed on to the trailer...yup that's a winner. and another "club" show a rusted out baja convertible that was sawzalled and the edges rolled with vice-grips/hammer and the type 3 motor ,no belts or any thing the belts would attach too,with no carbs all corroded and hadent run for probably 20 years.(probably when the car was hacked up) but he was a member of the "club" ,and did take the effort to drag it out of a field/swamp.and the 2nd&3rd didnt run either but were also members..how effing stupid.shows are trophy sales events, they should at the least have a single shred of integrity and give the one,2 or 3 cars that runs a trophy.... thus I go to shows for the swap meets/shit venders. it's amazing what you can come up with sometimes.like a 1 foot square box full of nos in the boxes type1&3 oil coolers for $40 ....a case saver jig&2 sets of nos studs and pile of multiple size case savers for $35. and oh so much more. that last show I went to last weekend was a fricking joke.just a pile of rusted crap tor 4x the $ it should of been. and the used shit wasent any better Shocked I did out smart my self there...I went. but I did see a few friends so it's all good and the smooth as silk run up to 90mph wasn't bad either.so in all a good weekend. and all I got was ...lunch and a hug from a girl I knew 25 years ago.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

Singerdude wrote:
mark tucker wrote:
Im African American. oops darn there is that seplling/grammar thing again... Im A frican American, not English.

Mark. this joke started the black dude thing. Not that it would make any difference either way.

Thats hilarious! Laughing

Ray
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
Your not the only one poking fun ..Like I said a good way to weed them out...Then poke fun. At them..Although the rest clueless ones don't know it s
And continue on with thier superiority complex.....It's all good. Car's are as fun as their eccentric owners. Face it were all a tad off plumb..... Some more than others and some plumb dumb.

Totally agree! I poke fun at everyone....and accept it in return! I am more than a tad off plumb...most of the time....which is fine cause I hate plumbs!

See what I did there?...thats a "Tucker-ism" Wink Cool

Ray
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

You two are having too much fun.

I do my best not to make fun of people...esp when my kids are around. Both are Social Justice Warriors. Very Happy So I check myself all the time.

But it is fun sometimes to crack jokes. Sometimes all it takes is one good laugh to get you through your hard day.

People cannot take jokes sometimes and see it as a personal attack. They have not funny bones at all in their being.

I try not to use the word 'retard' anymore. But as much verbal and physical abuse we had experienced at bootcamp, it is all part of the scheme of society.
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

Maybe we should put our age, race, gender and years of experience in our Sig!
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
vwkirb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

yamaducci wrote:
Maybe we should put our age, race, gender and years of experience in our Sig!

Sometimes I imagine Modok as one of the animated members of the gorillas machining engine blocks when I read his posts.

I think the imagination adds to the fun. It is interesting to have these casual topic focused conversations with people online while you know little about them. It would be really fun to get everyone together in real life... That would be entertaining.
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: I may of out smarted my self Reply with quote

I think the same thing about Modok. I would be cool to have a HUGE Samba meet Like somewhere middle America!
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: