Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rare Type 3 Accessories
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 127, 128, 129  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
grethi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I don't like the Bosch lights. the squarishness just doesn't work with the design of the car.
On the other hand, I have air conditioning vents in the nose of my car, no air conditioning system. They look like big ugly teeth to me. They are, however, original; the only way I'll remove them is to unbolt the entire fender and replace it with a matching "factory red" fender.

'69 square
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grethi wrote:
I have air conditioning vents in the nose of my car, no air conditioning system. They look like big ugly teeth to me. They are, however, original; the only way I'll remove them is to unbolt the entire fender and replace it with a matching "factory red" fender.

You can also use them as ram scoops to cool your big 11" cross-drilled rotors. Hell ya!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PIMPPRIDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

[quote="vwovalguy"]Here are a few of my accessories. Just for the record, I've had the balls to mount my Bosch fog lights to my car. Embarassed

did you have the balls to put the support bars in for the accessory bumpers? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PIMPPRIDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Dancing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wolfman's brother
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bonnet trim is an aussie only accesory,or at least that's the only place I've seen them in my journeys,I know where a lot of them are down under Wink

it don't look like he had the balls to mount the support bars alex Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Shots of the Hella fog/driving lights on the notches. They are as close as you can get to the factoy acc. bosch ones that are uber rare. These style shown are off Mercedes 280-300 series 65 to 75 ish. They are H3 bulbed so you can get 6 or 12v. They cast a great light and look the part. I cant recomend them enough. They are easily obtained from a Old Merc parts dude or are on eBay all the time under fog lights or driving lights.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GermanlookT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool! Does anybody know of a rare interior part that is so rare that
you would have to go to hell and back just to get it!

"Some people bring happiness wherever they go,
Some people bring happiness whenever they go"
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomChristoe wrote:
Does anybody know of a rare interior part that is so rare that you would have to go to hell and back just to get it!

If I had a '61 Notch, I would probably kill to get the correct "ivory handle" map pockets.

Pic:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/61notchgerman2/page03.jpg

I wouldn't find having some NOS black/white seat material for my '63 so I could repair the wear in the seat cover.

I've never seen a Notchback with the "children" option either

Last edited by EverettB on Thu May 06, 2004 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

[quote="PIMPPRIDE"]
vwovalguy wrote:
Here are a few of my accessories. Just for the record, I've had the balls to mount my Bosch fog lights to my car. Embarassed

did you have the balls to put the support bars in for the accessory bumpers? Laughing

Anthony/ Alex...Thanks for all the parts. It should be featured in HVW's soon. I gave you guys a plug.
I used the reproduction flat four bumper accessories instead of the real deal......I did not have the balls for that.

Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wolfman's brother
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so who's got my OG 1500 tool kit? Wink
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same guy that has my fricken roof rack, jonken lights, bolster of early material and my towel bar bumpers Shocked Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
PIMPPRIDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Quote:
Anthony/ Alex...Thanks for all the parts. It should be featured in HVW's soon. I gave you guys a plug.

Mike

OVALSUPREMEMIKE! Razz hey.. that car should be all in NOS primer & NOS parts... LOL very cool, I looks like Ill have to make my way to one of the Canada or border area shows and check that car out sometime soon.. Laughing I just forgot all about your stash of accessories.. cant wait to see it in HotVW's

Anthony

Last edited by PIMPPRIDE on Thu May 06, 2004 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
grethi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can also use them as ram scoops to cool your big 11" cross-drilled rotors. Hell ya!

Ummm... I'm a college student. I don't have money. Wink

'69 square
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of those uber rare girls in the trunk accessories Very Happy Shocked I took this pic about 4 months ago. My daughter Emmy on the left and Claudia on the right.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
vwovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Anthony ISP Reply with quote

Hey Anthony.

You are welcome here anytime. NOS primer is my favorite colour (color) to you. I will call you in the next week, I need you to put something aside for me.

Thanks again dude

Mike
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

I have one of those uber rare girls in the trunk accessories Very Happy Shocked I took this pic about 4 months ago. My daughter Emmy on the left and Claudia on the right.

Ha-ha, that is classic
KG1500S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OVALSUPREMEMIKE! hey.. that car should be all in NOS primer & NOS parts... LOL very cool, I looks like Ill have to make my way to one of the Canada or border area shows and check that car out sometime soon.. I just forgot all about your stash of accessories.. cant wait to see it in HotVW's

Definitely try and make the trip to Canada to see this car in person. Mike did an absolutely incredible job with it, worth the trip for sure. The detail is wild, like NOS VWofCanada bias ply's? No HVW article could ever do it justice.

Mike - Great job! I'm more than happy taking 2nd place to that Notch of yours any day.

Ian
'65 T34
speed holes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="notchboy"]

[quote]

I'm just curious, how are those lights mounted?
Drilled into the bumper?
And if so, did you have to reinforce the underside at all? I used to have a crappy dented up bumper that I drilled a few lights into and they wobbled front to back because the bumper metal flexed like crazy. Park in front of a wall or something at night, leave them on, and slam your door, you'll see what I mean. I put a piece of angle iron flat up against the bottom of the bumper, drilled holes in it right where the fogs were, and it stiffened the bumper up considerably.

I need to go dig through my stash of rare stuff, maybe I have something nobodies seen before? Doubt it.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope no reinfocement. I dont drive them much eithor. They have little to no play as they sit now. They are bolted thru with the stock clamb clamps. Very sturdy. I also drilled two small holes in the front apron and put those little rubber bungs in there to run the wires thru. The Anthricite one has a 2 fuse holder I got out of an old Mercadies as well. Its the old brown bakelite kind. Looks the part. Its mounted above the brake res.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Foxy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my rarest accessory has to be the individual trims on the rear wing air intakes. I've also got the OEM blinds in the back ( and yeah, I have'nt cleaned my windows inside since fitting them Wink ). Also a Blaupoint radio and holder and a early wicker RHD parcel shelf. Smile

Anyone got any pics of how the overrider bumper supports fit through the wings? Never even knew they existed until I saw a pair of front ones for sale on here!

'al9' , really nice looking square you've got there mate. Mine is also an Oz built square. Where did you get your roofrack from?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 127, 128, 129  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 129

Jump to: