Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westylounge installation video
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
syncrogreg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

For the one that need a good Westylounge instal video This guy did a really cool vid!

Link

Greg

travel pictures:
http://instagram.com/crepeattack/

- the Pastis build: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=434656&highlight=subaru+diesel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WestyWanter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

really a cool little gadget... arent you the creator of them too lol? Little bit of self advertising....? idc ilove it still!
syncrogreg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

WestyWanter wrote:
really a cool little gadget... arent you the creator of them too lol? Little bit of self advertising....? idc ilove it still!

hey man! im glad you like it! im showing a vid of somebody else Wink

travel pictures:
http://instagram.com/crepeattack/

- the Pastis build: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=434656&highlight=subaru+diesel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Microbusdeluxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

Chuckanut Drive for sure.
'81 Westy sold
'89 hightop Westy Joker syncro 16" now with Bostig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
valvecovergasket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

Microbusdeluxe wrote:
Chuckanut Drive for sure.

for sure, those guys used to have a shop space right across from mine, havent seen them up there in a bit though... not sure i keep missing them or if they moved out

gone, but not forgotten: '83 tdi westy - swap thread
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

Oh boy does that vid make me homesick!

Great to see that the Westylounge kit now provides the springs. I had to scrounge around to find a replacement (drawback of living in the mountains, no good hardware stores) for the old twisted spring.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

We've only used our Westylounge a couple times since installing last year, but it always leaves a smile!

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
mtnride1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

Put in my Westy lounge kit last week. LOVE IT! Chad did a good install video. Tip don't drop those little bits down the side closest to cabinet.
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

I love my westy lounge but one thing that isnt quite right with mine. Maybe this is in the design but, when my seat is in the seat position, if i lift the seat bottom to grab something out from underneath, the seat will not close. It locks in pplace up at a 45* angle. I have to pull it slightly forward to unlock it and then allow it to seat down. Not a huge issue, just a little annoying. Anyone else have this issue?

And BTW, I love Chad's videos, seems like a cool dude. I play a drinking game, everytime he says "vanagon westfalia", I take a shot. Haven't got through one of videos sober yet Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WestyWanter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

candyman wrote:

And BTW, I love Chad's videos, seems like a cool dude. I play a drinking game, everytime he says "vanagon westfalia", I take a shot. Haven't got through one of videos sober yet Wink

I wrote out this exact thing but then chickened out posting it haha
Italjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

My install video

Link

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

^^^ Thanks for the video. I always like how you cover key points and keep your vids brief and entertaining.

I've had the lounge kit in the envelope it arrived in for several years but never installed it because I'm concerned about altering the angle of the seat back. I've spent hundreds of days working from home in my van and the Westy bench is so comfortable that I hesitate to alter it.

Going off-topic, the Ingmar Relling Siesta Chair has been a favorite of mine for years because it looks great and is so darn comfortable. Thank you, Norway.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

Italjohn wrote:
My install video

Link
I watched this Video a few days ago- Very informative. Cool
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
plummerdesign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

Installed the kit in my Westfalia this afternoon.
Like!
Like!
: )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kerstan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

Used this video to install mine last year. One of the best things I have added to the Vanagon.

16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

I can’t get mine to work.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
plummerdesign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

Following up:
Did the Westy Lounge spring/latch install as a distraction from the suspension rebuild project, then immediately forgot it had been done. Recently, I finally did the seat flip and it really is kinda nifty. Best thing is that the seat works again!
: )

Rorke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

I installed these a few years ago. The only thing I don’t like about this upgrade is that when I need to get something out of the under bench storage, I need to go through the entire rocker motion to re-seat the seat.

On my brother’s bus, the factory hinges are shot. It is pretty nice actually. To get something from the storage, you can just lift the seat, get whatever, and then drop the seat down. When you want to make it a bed, you just lift and pull. When you want to make it a seat again, then you just lift the back up while pushing the seat aft.
Last, he does lounge. But he just uses a wooden rod as a kickstand. This actually allows for a more reclined position.

Sometimes “broken” and “free” can be better. Isn’t that something.
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

Rorke wrote:
The only thing I don’t like about this upgrade is that when I need to get something out of the under bench storage, I need to go through the entire rocker motion to re-seat the seat.

I thought I only had this issue. Yeah it is quite annoying having to lay the seat down each time you are putting things up under the bench. For what it is worth I did not install new springs.
calsurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Westylounge installation video Reply with quote

We've had the Westy lounge hinges in for about 8 months, one the best additions yet. In my case I found that one of the supplied springs was too soft. Replaced both with slightly firmer springs. Works great otherwise. Chad's video on YouTube was the only source of directions, that I found which is kind of weak. Easy to install. Worthy modification.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: