Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat frame
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject: Seat frame Reply with quote

Hi, could this be seat frame for a Kombi from 62?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Seat frame Reply with quote

If your bus has the three position seat brackets then YES that is the correct seat.
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Seat frame Reply with quote

type241 wrote:
If your bus has the three position seat brackets then YES that is the correct seat.

It’s supposed to have had a flip front seat. But right now it has some Chrysler seats!? I don’t know what is what yet.

But as long as it’s a seat frame for a vw I’m happy about it
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Seat frame Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1043963
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Seat frame Reply with quote

type241 wrote:

Ok i understand. I will investigate further. Thanks
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Seat frame Reply with quote

elpres wrote:
type241 wrote:

That particular seat bottom is "humpback" era. The humpback front bench, backrest and bottom, are for early '61 through '62 bus front seats (excluding walk-thrus, flips, swivels, i.e. non-bench). Correcto for approx. Chassis # 673 616 (27 Oct '60) through 971 549 (30 Jul '62); again, those with the three-point adjustable mounts.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Seat frame Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
elpres wrote:
type241 wrote:

That particular seat bottom is "humpback" era. The humpback front bench, backrest and bottom, are for early '61 through '62 bus front seats (excluding walk-thrus, flips, swivels, i.e. non-bench). Correcto for approx. Chassis # 673 616 (27 Oct '60) through 971 549 (30 Jul '62); again, those with the three-point adjustable mounts.

My chassis code is #869117.
My 62 kombi has a Walk through, but dosent have the 3 position bracket (maybe Cut out).
This seat i have could it have been in the back of the bus on some sort of legs??
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Seat frame Reply with quote

If you want your bus to be a SO34 Flipseat as it came from factory, you will need to install this seat:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2285094
DubStyle
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Seat frame Reply with quote

I need that seat base for my 62 if you want to sell it for a reasonable price. If not, then I'll continue with my plan of modifying my non-humpback seat bottom.

SBS #1
SBS #1 on FB

"The original & best lowered Split Bus website/club"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat frame Reply with quote

elpres wrote:

Yes, this seat bottom is a 61-62 "hump" seat bottom.
If you have a walk-through (2 separate seats, not a bench seat) or want a flip-seat, then the other members have answered that.

If you are asking about the other seat frame in the photo, it looks like a 55-60 front seat base, not a back rest.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elpres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat frame Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
elpres wrote:

Yes, this seat bottom is a 61-62 "hump" seat bottom.
If you have a walk-through (2 separate seats, not a bench seat) or want a flip-seat, then the other members have answered that.

If you are asking about the other seat frame in the photo, it looks like a 55-60 front seat base, not a back rest.

Ok I thought i had a complete seat. Thanks for clearing that up.
I haven’t decided anything yet. A flip seat would be cool but probably out of my budget on top of the rest of the restauretion.
I like the walk through option, seems nice to be able to go back easily.
The swivel seats are new to me, think I will dig a little more into that.

If I decide to sell the seat frames I have. What would be a fair price, taking there state in consideration?
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Seat frame Reply with quote

elpres wrote:

Ok I thought i had a complete seat. Thanks for clearing that up.
I haven’t decided anything yet. A flip seat would be cool but probably out of my budget on top of the rest of the restauretion.
I like the walk through option, seems nice to be able to go back easily.
The swivel seats are new to me, think I will dig a little more into that.

If I decide to sell the seat frames I have. What would be a fair price, taking there state in consideration?

It will probably cost less to go with the flip seat option.

To go with a walkthru you will need seats and body panels and fab work to make them fit.

To go swivel seat it will cost a ton of cash for a drivers seat when one pops up for sale and fab work and a seat for the passengers side. Most SS vehicles were delivered without a passengers seat.

You bought a specialty Bus and it's not going to be inexpensive to find the missing peices...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
The Splitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Seat frame Reply with quote

Can somebody tell me what kind of black color the frames must be? High Gloss or Semi?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat frame Reply with quote

The Splitman wrote:
Can somebody tell me what kind of black color the frames must be? High Gloss or Semi?

It's definitely not shiny, I'd say it's the same black "gloss" as everything else that is black - engine tin, backs of wheels, etc.

So semi-gloss.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: