Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Steering Wheel for a Baja build
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seriouslyrekt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Steering Wheel for a Baja build Reply with quote

Hi All, first post here.. Thanks for opening the door for me. I was born n raised in Fullerton CA and loved bugs my whole life... Finally I was able to get one and its being converted into a BAJA in Minot.. I'm not doing it myself. So right now a 2035 stroker, Holley Sniper fuel injection (single barrel), scat seats, mark v baja kit, floor pans, stinger exhaust, getting a wrap instead of paint, high mount nerf bars, bumper F/R, wheels/tires (thinking centerlines) w/ BF goodrich AT.

Question: what ignition, fuel pump, steering wheel brand should I go with? Why? I'm just going to tell the builder..

I know there is alot I can do and I'm sure you all can point me in the right direction to buy buy buy... My mod budget is about 11K. Hoping for it to be done by spring so I can bring it home to Elko MN...

**1972 VW Beetle Baja project in work.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Wheel for a Baja build Reply with quote

You should move this post to HBB Off-Road forum for Baja's etc, so the experts will see it.
EverettB (owner) could move it for you.
Welcome to TheSamba & VW addiction!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stevebaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Wheel for a Baja build Reply with quote

Are you planning to put in a roll cage? are you planning to use a removable steering wheel" to make getting in and out easier?

you may find this helpful. there are 16 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6DFEGTLTQ4&t=2s
earthquake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Wheel for a Baja build Reply with quote

If you are going to be doing any heavy duty off roading or racing I don't recommend a steering wheel with aluminum spokes, I was at a Mint 400 years ago when a class 8 truck came in and the spokes on his wheel broke and he had to drive 20 miles hanging on to the just the jagged ends of the broken spokes. He said it was like trying to hold on to a spinning saw blade.

eQ
05 SCION XB SERIES RELEASE 2[#437]
95 Chevy C3500 dually
98 Ford E150
Link to Kelly J. Nolte 3/20/53 - 11/6/08
https://time-zonelabs.blogspot.com/p/about-kelly.html
DEATH TO CHINGERS!
[From a military recruitment poster in the novel "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison]
Seriouslyrekt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Wheel for a Baja build Reply with quote

As far as racing or any serious off roading, I'm guessing no.. I hadn't thought about a removable wheel but I like the idea since I am not a small guy to begin with. Thanks for the feedback...

**1972 VW Beetle Baja project in work.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: