Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW shop sell off, Texas
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:52 am    Post subject: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

Not sure where to put this, it came up on a facebook group I belong to. Thought I would post it in case anyone had an interest.

VOLKSWAGEN LIQUIDATION SALE!
11/16/20-11/20/20
8AM-5PM
8329 U.S. Hwy 190, Lampasas, TX 76550
Cars and parts! This will be a cash liquidation of the total property. 20 plus VW buses! Too many VW Bugs to count! Countless new and used VW parts! Full shop of tools! Multiple Karmann Ghias, 2 Porsches, and a Bugatti kit car! Plus, the land itself (7+ acres). Property has multiple buildings with established utilities!
Too much inventory to list!! I’ve tried to take videos and pictures and can’t fit them all on this post. If you or your family know anyone fixing or looking for rare Volkswagen cars/parts please let them know about this sale. *Most inventory is 90s models or older
Serious inquiries:
Jim- (954)-336-4472
Dudley- (254)-681-7518
Maxdale Auto Sales
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

Wow. How I wish I was closer Laughing
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

People selling stuff who can’t conquer the digital age. Translation, they have a bunch of junk they don’t want to put time into selling

Good luck with that

Rolling Eyes
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
People selling stuff who can’t conquer the digital age. Translation, they have a bunch of junk they don’t want to put time into selling

Good luck with that

Rolling Eyes

That was pretty harsh!
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Or how about an older person that can't manage the business anymore because of age or health, and the younger family members just don't give a damn about VW's and want the headache gone.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Or how about an older person that can't manage the business anymore because of age or health, and the younger family members just don't give a damn about VW's and want the headache gone.

You hit the nail on the head. Seen it multiple times family patriarch dies and business shuts down because nobody in family has interest/aptitude/business savvy, call it whatever you want.
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

A lot of the vehicles look in better shape than some of the "projects" I have seen here...LOL. Lot's of pictures on the website, Maxdale Auto Sales. Since the name of the VW business was "Bug Acres", I am assuming they are handling the promotion and sales of the contents of the business.
Most likely this was a long standing business and the owner retired or was no longer able to operate it. As far as advertising in the digital age, it's on the Maxdale Auto facebook page and their website, so you're off base on that assessment. I have to assume you didn't bother to do a google search for it?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Or it's just easier to have a big sale and make $100K in one day and be basically done then spend years having to sell and ship stuff.

Plus massive cash influx with no record = more money
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

They have a video of the "indoor" inventory. More than any one person could use in a lifetime.

The sale is going on all this week. I would not be surprised if a lot of the cars end up crushed, if the goal is to clear the property.
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

I would buy one or two of them buses, ghias and porsches if I was closer.
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

I seen on the ole google machine that the owner of the shop died back in March.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

Wow...they have a few Mk-1 rabbits in un-crushed shape and a few siroccos...even have four type 4's.

I actually "think" i may have been there back around 2004. Its west of Temple in Hill country.

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

Says on Google that the Bug Acre's auction scheduled for 11-14-2020 has been cancelled.
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

The sell off that I originally posted starts the 16th, so apparently there was a change of plans.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Good luck with that

Rolling Eyes

That was pretty harsh!

Much too harsh.

My apologies to the readers here.

Grumpy old man
will5023
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

Here's an article
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

That explains a lot....sounds like Maxdale bought the property lock stock and barrel.
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Or it's just easier to have a big sale and make $100K in one day and be basically done then spend years having to sell and ship stuff.

Plus massive cash influx with no record = more money

The smarts! Wink
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

$25000, remember these are cheep ass vw guys buying stuff Shocked Wink Rolling Eyes
doing this kind of stuff isant eazy you need a good few people that know something or a lot of stuff grows leggs and leaves with no $$ exchanged. and for somebody to buy it all for the $100k....will take forever and cost$$$$$ to do.unless the property comes with it. but somebody with a little more than half a brain could go in and make a deal to run the sale if there is time to do so. parts sell, but the right part at the right time and price will not be a instant sale. so somebody will have to figure it all out and sell it off for a pay check as well as make the airs this fair share of $$$ but it takes time and work to do so. about 15 years ago I was offered a few acres of vw's& massive shop full and customers too and low rent on building that could be paid eazely and failry in 1 days work. a old buddy of mine was retiring and heading south to take care of family..that dies befor he left but had already sold home and put deposit on new one.... the deal was....hear is the key Im done...I didnt, but I did help out chooping up cars and stuffing them in the backs of busses. to be crushed. it was 25 miles from my home.& Im done working on other peoples stuff. it was however the deal of a life time.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VW shop sell off, Texas Reply with quote

will5023 wrote:
Here's an article

Yep...this smells like one of several things (and nothing bad). As others have said.....maybe its just that a family member died, kids want to just sell it.

Its also possible .....since there is a LOT of land speculation going on anywhere within a 100 mile radius of Austin. (right at 70 mils from Austin)...that they were getting an offer and it fell through. Lots of that going on.

Its odd that they needed to get rid of this place......hence an auction....and now they are back to selling parts short term. Ray
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: