Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

October 52 Zwitter
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
markendee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: October 52 Zwitter Reply with quote

SD,

Can't believe I have only just happened across your Zwitter build thread.

I guess because I have rarely gone to the split forum I was unaware of your car and your project. (poor excuse I know)

Have just read the entire thread – magnificent in every regard. You are a very talented builder. Also have learned a lot about Zwitters.

Really looking forward to the rest of the build and the finished car.

Regards,

Mark.

PS I too wondered about the masked off rear grills.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: October 52 Zwitter Reply with quote

Robert Chambers wrote:
Smile Awesome costume! Great job! Wonderful to see his interest in and working with you on the projects!

Many thanks Robert, you saw the progress pics I think. This was a fun project
Jimone wrote:
great costume!

Thank you Jimone!
VW_Jimbo wrote:
Very cool costume! Nicely done!

Thank you!, Like you I'm generally swamped fixing other peoples stuff, but I always make time for my kids first

markendee wrote:
SD,

Can't believe I have only just happened across your Zwitter build thread.

I guess because I have rarely gone to the split forum I was unaware of your car and your project.

Have just read the entire thread – magnificent in every regard. You are a very talented builder. Also have learned a lot abou
Thank you! Projects like thist Zwitters.

Really looking forward to the rest of the build and the finished car.

Regards,

Mark.

PS I too wondered about the masked off rear grills.

Thank you! Projects like this are how I learn and improve my skills. This time I've learned to stop bringing home such basket cases!
tehillah1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: October 52 Zwitter Reply with quote

Seth,
I just read through this thread...Wow! What a skillset you have and the resurrection you've accomplished is incredible. So much info here and seeing what you started with and what you have done puts perspective on what I am able to accomplish on my project. Thanks for putting so many hours into documenting this project for the rest of us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: October 52 Zwitter Reply with quote

tehillah1 wrote:
Seth,
I just read through this thread...Wow! What a skillset you have and the resurrection you've accomplished is incredible. So much info here and seeing what you started with and what you have done puts perspective on what I am able to accomplish on my project. Thanks for putting so many hours into documenting this project for the rest of us.

Many thanks for the kind words!
There are some well documented threads here that have helped me in many ways, so I try to give back when I'm able. And, my memory isn't always so sharp, so this thread is sort of a running list that I even refer to myself when I need to see exactly how something wasn't fitting or working..
And also, so many people have transitioned to documenting things on Facebook or Instagram. But the info just gets lost, and isn't easily searchable. The more pictures and info that gets archived here, the more valuable it is for many people.
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: October 52 Zwitter Reply with quote

It's been a minute..
Here are some pics from the last few months.
Back from the blasters, again
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The door skin I had done was ok, but the shop harvested a good door skin and the final result is much better than my repair

Looks tight!

So, it's back in the booth, getting blue tinted primer

Very excited! SO close to paint!!
markendee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: October 52 Zwitter Reply with quote

Great work as always Seth.

Really looking forward to seeing it in paint.
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: October 52 Zwitter Reply with quote

You forgot the tinted blue primered Bug shot. I can see the colored primer on the stick. That’s a nice teaser shot. But, come on. I wanted to see it ALMOST with a color coat. Yanking your chain!

Nice update! I do want to see how that tinted primer went down. Seems like it would show ALL OF THE DEFECTS, right?

Super cool!

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: October 52 Zwitter Reply with quote

VW_Jimbo wrote:
You forgot the tinted blue primered Bug shot. I can see the colored primer on the stick. That’s a nice teaser shot. But, come on. I wanted to see it ALMOST with a color coat. Yanking your chain!

Nice update! I do want to see how that tinted primer went down. Seems like it would show ALL OF THE DEFECTS, right?

Super cool!

Ha! You'll see it when I see it. The primer color stick picture was from yesterday, and they were moving it into the booth. I'm hopeful for a good picture by the weekend.
I've seriously been wondering where I'm going to set up to assemble this car once it comes back to me. Confused My barn has become sort of a catch all for every broken thing, and my business shop is full of metal dust (so not an option) Might take a massive cleaning effort and move some equipment to make a good spot at home
SD
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: October 52 Zwitter Reply with quote

esde wrote:
VW_Jimbo wrote:

Super cool!

Ha! You'll see it when I see it. The primer color stick picture was from yesterday, and they were moving it into the booth. I'm hopeful for a good picture by the weekend.
I've seriously been wondering where I'm going to set up to assemble this car once it comes back to me. Confused My barn has become sort of a catch all for every broken thing, and my business shop is full of metal dust (so not an option) Might take a massive cleaning effort and move some equipment to make a good spot at home
SD

Welcome to my world! 20 feet by 20 feet is where all the magic happens!

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: