Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brake parts, what am i looking for
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonesome Rider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:41 am    Post subject: Brake parts, what am i looking for Reply with quote

I ordered an received a new pedal set with brakes and hydraulic clutch etc. My stock set up has 4 lines going to the master cylinder for the brakes. This new master only has one inlet. What am i looking for to tie the 4 lines together so i can connect the lines to the new master cylinder? I don't know what to search for on here with out the proper terms. Thanks for the help
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Brake parts, what am i looking for Reply with quote

Interesting! Unless I am mistaken the stock system had 3 lines, one for the rear brakes and one each for the fronts. You will need a couple of "tees" to get yours to work. I take it that your new master cylinder is not a dual circuit one. It is likely intended for a sand rail with no front brakes.
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Brake parts, what am i looking for Reply with quote

Agree with OPRN statement on three lines.... One from each front wheel (left & right) and one from both rear wheels (teed together at rear)...

Probably going to need something like these "T" fitting to manage all the lines down to one...

https://www.belmetric.com/bubble-flare-c-17_564_11...-1109.html

Be aware it comes in several different sizes (10m or 12 m etc.)

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
Lonesome Rider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Brake parts, what am i looking for Reply with quote

Awesome thank you! I didn't know if there was a specific part to accomplish this. It is not a separate curcuit master, just a single brand new shiny one. Thanks for the tip about the sizing. I plan on building as slotted area so the whole pedal assembly can be adjusted so i'll have to use a flexible line at the end before going into the master cyl.
halfassleatherworks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Brake parts, what am i looking for Reply with quote

you need 2 T fittings and lines to hook up your brakes only. 3 if you need brake lights. also you are reverting to a single circuit, so a broken/failed line/part at any point will result in total brake failure.

Belts, wallets, mouse pads, drink coasters, Engraving, most things made in leather.

personal items if you want it in leather in Reno Nv, *****
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stevebaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Brake parts, what am i looking for Reply with quote

you will need a brake pressure switch so you can hook up brake lights. like above you will need Tee fittings. the ports are usually 10MM bulb Tube fittings or 1/4 pipe if aftermarket off road. from the master cylinder you need tubing and terminate on the frame by the wheels where you to do hose for flexible connections. you will probably need 10 lb residual pressure valve in the line coming out of the master if you are using drum brakes.

https://www.appletreeauto.com/VW-BRAKE-SYSTEMS/BRAKE-LINES-and-FITTINGS/
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Brake parts, what am i looking for Reply with quote

The t goes to the rear, and the block goes to the front with a port left for the switch.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Lonesome Rider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Brake parts, what am i looking for Reply with quote

Thanks cbeck! Nice work on your project by the way
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake parts, what am i looking for Reply with quote

It's now living the high life in a 4 car climate controled garage on a local golf course.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: