Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

95 Camper - How to read engine codes using blinking?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
AlexandMary
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:08 am    Post subject: 95 Camper - How to read engine codes using blinking? Reply with quote

Guys, help me out. I have an engine light but can't read the code, stupid OBD1.

I have this black and white 2x2 plugs where the fuses are. I also have the adaptor cable that I can connect to them, but how do I force the ECU to blink codes?

Thank you.
Skitter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 Camper How to read engine codes Using Blinking Reply with quote

http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/codes/digifant1.html

Here’s a link to access the codes with a paper clip. Click on the codes link and it’lll give you even more codes you can look up.
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 Camper How to read engine codes Using Blinking Reply with quote

Thanks for the input.. Question.,my 93 was changed from a auto to a five speed and it has no wires under the boot..any tips where to access the brown & black wires/connection??
wannabecamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: 95 Camper How to read engine codes Using Blinking Reply with quote

@Skitter, Thanks for posting this. I learn new things everyday.

@volkybus, T4 has the connectors at the fuse box location to the left of your knees in the driver seat.
KillerGriller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: 95 Camper How to read engine codes Using Blinking Reply with quote

Skitter wrote:
http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/codes/digifant1.html

Here’s a link to access the codes with a paper clip. Click on the codes link and it’lll give you even more codes you can look up.

Cheers!
AlexandMary
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: 95 Camper How to read engine codes Using Blinking Reply with quote

Thank you all,

I finally was able to read the codes, so happy! Using the blinking method provided from member.

My codes was "O2 sensor control exceeded" I'm going to replace the O2 sensor and see how this will help.

Stay tuned!
Skitter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 Camper How to read engine codes Using Blinking Reply with quote

I would also check your vacuum lines for any leaks or disconnections. I think I had the same code message as you did 2341 / O2 exceeded limits and it turned out to be a leaking vacuum line between the cylinder head and t-line thtat eventually goes to the ECU. Note the 2341 code does state it could be a intake leak somewhere. My vacuum line was brittle and cracking everywhere which is probably the condition of all our EV vacuum lines. No harm getting a new O2 sensor tho.
AlexandMary
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 Camper How to read engine codes Using Blinking Reply with quote

Skitter wrote:
I would also check your vacuum lines for any leaks or disconnections. I think I had the same code message as you did 2341 / O2 exceeded limits and it turned out to be a leaking vacuum line between the cylinder head and t-line thtat eventually goes to the ECU. Note the 2341 code does state it could be a intake leak somewhere. My vacuum line was brittle and cracking everywhere which is probably the condition of all our EV vacuum lines. No harm getting a new O2 sensor tho.

Thank you for the your vacuum tip. I should get me a vacuum gauge. But, you are correct, it di mentioned about vacuum leak.
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 Camper How to read engine codes Using Blinking Reply with quote

I just did this on my 95 EVC that I have been getting a CEL on. When I jumped the white and black connectors at the top and front of the fuse panel, I got no flashing CEL,...but, when I removed the paper clip, I started seeing flashing. I got four sets of four flashes followed by one single flash.

The Digifant page referenced here says that 4444 means that no fault was recorded,.....so,....can anyone tell me what might be going on?

Brian in Austin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bjanaszek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: 95 Camper How to read engine codes Using Blinking Reply with quote

bcolins wrote:
I just did this on my 95 EVC that I have been getting a CEL on. When I jumped the white and black connectors at the top and front of the fuse panel, I got no flashing CEL,...but, when I removed the paper clip, I started seeing flashing. I got four sets of four flashes followed by one single flash.

The Digifant page referenced here says that 4444 means that no fault was recorded,.....so,....can anyone tell me what might be going on?

Brian in Austin

Is your CEL on when the engine is off, but the key is in the "On" position? I have a periodic CEL in my 95 that I wasn't really able to chase down until I bought a VCDS unit.
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 Camper How to read engine codes Using Blinking Reply with quote

bjanaszek wrote:
bcolins wrote:

Brian in Austin

Is your CEL on when the engine is off, but the key is in the "On" position? I have a periodic CEL in my 95 that I wasn't really able to chase down until I bought a VCDS unit.

Something like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/354777407433?chn=ps&_...MgEALw_wcB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: 95 Camper How to read engine codes Using Blinking Reply with quote

bjanaszek wrote:
bcolins wrote:

Brian in Austin

Can you tell me which VCDS unit you bought and where you found it?
bjanaszek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: 95 Camper How to read engine codes Using Blinking Reply with quote

bcolins wrote:
Can you tell me which VCDS unit you bought and where you found it?

I have a Ross-Tech unit, with the OBDI adapter. There are other OBDI units out there, but they tend to be at least as expensive as the Ross-Tech unit + adapter. I also own another VW (2012 Golf TDI), so owning the Ross-Tech unit is doubly helpful.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: