Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Where does this decal belong? (42lb/sq.in 3,0atü)
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:20 am    Post subject: Where does this decal belong? (42lb/sq.in 3,0atü) Reply with quote

I found this original decal loose in my 70's 1302s beetle

I'm not sure where it originaly would have been stuck.

measure 65mm L x 20mm W

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
raydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Where does this decal belong? (42lb/sq.in 3,0atü) Reply with quote

That decal goes on the window washer reservoir. Search the gallery in classified, you will find the location in some of the pics.
jonat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Where does this decal belong? (42lb/sq.in 3,0atü) Reply with quote

raydog wrote:
That decal goes on the window washer reservoir. Search the gallery in classified, you will find the location in some of the pics.

thanks! Just found an image of it

I'll probably attempt to stick it back using spray mount, unless there is better glue i'm not thinking of to use

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Where does this decal belong? (42lb/sq.in 3,0atü) Reply with quote

Double stick tape.
GedasV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Where does this decal belong? (42lb/sq.in 3,0atü) Reply with quote

Hi! It seems that there is written air pressure wich has to come from spare wheel to windshield washer reservoir. Sorry my English.........................
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Where does this decal belong? (42lb/sq.in 3,0atü) Reply with quote

Mine was slowly peeling off. I used rubber cement to stick it in place.

I think VW intended the spare tire to be re-pressurized through the washer bottle.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Where does this decal belong? (42lb/sq.in 3,0atü) Reply with quote

Lost69Convertible wrote:
I think VW intended the spare tire to be re-pressurized through the washer bottle.

Yes, but over time few of these really work as intended. I don't think either worked decent on my 1970 standard or 1971 Super (different reservoir bottle shapes, same theory). And I bought each as second owner in 1972 and 1976 respectively.

I changed both to electric windshield washer systems, using universal kits under $20 each.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
jonat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Where does this decal belong? (42lb/sq.in 3,0atü) Reply with quote

Starbucket wrote:
Double stick tape.

good suggestion.

Spray Mount seems to be holding it on so far..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: