Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hello! New to the VW world & I just got a 411
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
morepowerX10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Hello! New to the VW world & I just got a 411 Reply with quote

Thanks, its big fun.
Every state is different. This car has both titles and will be listed when it's done. The thrill for me is building the stuff and filming for the channel. It's like art.
Crazy welded nonsense that becomes greater than the sum of it's parts.

Smile
morepowerX10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello! New to the VW world & I just got a 411 Reply with quote

Well, this is done. Someone else may want to take it to the next level, but I've gone as far as I'm going with it. It's hilarious fun to drive, it's cool as all get out and pretty much everything works.

I'm proud of it, I wanted to see if I could do it and I did it.
It took hundred upon hundreds of hours to get this far. I have proved that it can be done.
The thing drives fantastically and makes a great sound.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks everyone for the compliments and criticism! I bet we had some doubters at the begining of this thread, which was only a few months ago. I'll pop back in from time to time and certainly if I end up with something else VW, but this concludes the "Hey I'm going to put this 411 on a..." thread.
PM me if you have real, actual interest in this vehicle.
Check in on the Grenade Motorsports you tube channel this coming summer- we've got stuff coming in from all over the globe. Thanks and God bless.
-G
chicagovw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hello! New to the VW world & I just got a 411 Reply with quote

You got a lot done in little time-the hard parts are done. I would love to see it completed and finished off properly. I think you have done a cool thing to a fairly unloved vehicle. I would personally put a fully stock 411 interior back in it except for the Subaru gauges. A far less bulky console. Stock front and rear seats perhaps with an era correct but different upholstery pattern. Add the rear seat and finish the rear cargo area so it is functional and stock-looks like it may need some revisions to the rear suspension and bracing for this, but its a wagon so a usable cargo are is pretty important. Part of the beauty of a vintage car is a vintage interior!

Would love to see the body and paintwork done properly too. With all the fab work done to this car, maybe this is one that should have the two rear doors added that VW forgot-something I will never understand.

I would also do different wheels.

Fully paint and detail the engine compartment, underside, etc. so the whole car is nice and properly finished-but you have provided someone with a nice base!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
morepowerX10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello! New to the VW world & I just got a 411 Reply with quote

Sweet. Thanks for the compliments. There's a million ways to skin a cat and for me- this one is done done. Good news is- someone can now take a couple years and do one of these in any way they see fit. If someone says "Oh that's never going to work" you can show them this topic and say "Yeah? Bu11sh1t." It can work, it does work and now you're all free to build your own version of it.

I've moved on to three other projects since this one lol
See ya!
chicagovw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Hello! New to the VW world & I just got a 411 Reply with quote

Agreed- did you end up selling it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
morepowerX10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Hello! New to the VW world & I just got a 411 Reply with quote

Traded it for an old V8 truck. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: