Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

911 transmission
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffros 58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject: 911 transmission Reply with quote

I am in the process of getting a transmission back together for a friends 1966 911
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

and was brought a box full of parts and two cases . The first pic is of the original one . Looks to have had a hard day . Broken gears and all apart. My question is the transmission that is together the most I’m assuming was purchased for a swap . I should have started with that My friend bought the car in this condition and history is unknown. Will the transmission that is together work in this car ?? I will show both numbers on each transmission.thanks for looking this a bit out my area of knowledge I have done transmission for my 1957 single cab and my 1958 bug but never played with these .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 911 transmission Reply with quote

Quick Answer - The 914 trans is a version of the original 911's 901 trans BUT the R&P are flipped since the 914 is a mid-engine rear trans car. (There is a breather hole that has to be changed too). Unless the R&P are flipped you'll have 5 speeds in reverse and 1 forward. You will also have to use the nose cone from the original 911 trans. I'm guessing the 914 innards could be transferred to the original 911 case so it matches what came in the car.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: