Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2013 Golf base heater core , DENSO or VALEO part used?
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:20 am    Post subject: 2013 Golf base heater core , DENSO or VALEO part used? Reply with quote

Have a slight misting on windshield and slight coolant loss, and I suspect heater core. Parts engines give two options, and putting VIN in just takes me to the two options again.

I suspect it’s either a chassis break or different core for manual vs automatic climate control, I have manual ( and a 5 speed!)

Can anyone offer insight here?
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Golf base heater core , DENSO or VALEO part used? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Have a slight misting on windshield and slight coolant loss, and I suspect heater core. Parts engines give two options, and putting VIN in just takes me to the two options again.

I suspect it’s either a chassis break or different core for manual vs automatic climate control, I have manual ( and a 5 speed!)

Can anyone offer insight here?

I have a 2012 Golf with 5 cylinder, 2 door , five speed. I can tell you that the dealer VIN # search is pretty accurate but ECS tuning and FCP Euro (like them both) have REAL issues with the manual trans Golfs of this era.

It depended on where they were built. Half of 1012 and part of 2013 with manual were still built in Germany. The rest were built in Mexico. They have some parts on the German manual trans that are not on the Mexico model....things like extra idler pulley on the belt train...and the use of different make parts.

I would suspect...first....that its the seal set at the two seal hose flange on the fire wall. It can leak a little inside the car....very small amount....and nothing visible on the ground.

Mine was losing about 4 oz per day at that joint. Replaced it 8 months ago or so.....well over 230k miles.

Also if you pull the engine cover off and look at that flange....the part will either be Denso or Valeo and will tell you which you need.

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Golf base heater core , DENSO or VALEO part used? Reply with quote

Ray, thanks , will check the flange.

Forgot I had posted into watercolled section, Merry Christmas.

I’ve since also backed off my heater core diagnosis as the misting goes away after warmup, even on a cold windshield.

It’s an early 2013 made in Germany. My Moms last car before she passed, only 10,000 miles on her. Nice ride.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: