Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The “ Great things from out of State “ thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
"Sick of The Doors?" Blasphemy. I could never get sick of listening to The Doors, but then I have only been listening to them since 1967.

There is plenty of music that's woefully overplayed. Sometimes ya gotta wait 20 years and play the definitive cover and sometimes ya gotta move on.

Link

NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

I could never get sick of the Doors either. Was just listening to soft parade on Monday.
My father did mention a party with a Cream record playing over and over. Lol
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage

Last edited by NJ John on Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Dusty1 wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:
"Sick of The Doors?" Blasphemy. I could never get sick of listening to The Doors, but then I have only been listening to them since 1967.

There is plenty of music that's woefully overplayed. Sometimes ya gotta wait 20 years and play the definitive cover and sometimes ya gotta move on.

Move on to what, Taylor Swift? Gaaaahhh-kill me now!!!!
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

While I would like to lay claim to some 1960s deep cut, my brainworm is

Milli Vanilli, "Blame It On the Rain". Rolling Eyes

I'll spare you the precise details aside from I had just broken up with a VW Girl who was supposedly the love of my life. My late brother and I were up in a gogo joint up in Canada. Gogo is a wildly under- rated Canadian art form. "Blame It On the Rain" was still high on the charts. I was staring at an incredible Canadian stripper but not like you might think. I was tryin' to catch a glimpse of her soul.

Yeah, I was in rough shape. Rolling Eyes

I still think Rob and Fab got a raw deal. They were pioneers. Everyone lip syncs these days. The Super bowl halftime show? It's all lip sync.

If it wasn't lip sync it would be digitally pitch corrected. Next big thing is AI.

If AI can create a riff based rock 'n' roll song to rival "Mississippi Queen", I'm in. Very Happy

Link

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
Dusty1 wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
Dusty1 wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:

Miranda Lambert is simply a wacko version of Taylor Swift.

T.S. is a more wholesome version of Lady Gaga.

If I had a choice of a Taylor Swift concert or an evening in a Canadian strip club I would likely go to the T.S. show.

Stagecraft has made some literally spectacular advances, something you might not notice if you don't get out much.

;
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Haha. I have a fun story about Dave Alvin of The Blasters and Dave Allen of Gang of Four.

Milli Vanilli never actually wrote or sang the songs on their hit album. So they lipped sync someone else’s talent.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Milli Vanilli never actually wrote or sang the songs on their hit album. So they lipped sync someone else’s talent.

There are plenty of musicians especially in Nashville who don't write their own songs and they certainly don't play on their own records. There is a small group of talented session musicians who play like muthas. They go into the studio, they kick out the jams. The "artist", the person with the face and the voice throws down the vocal and the rest is history.

A lot of "hits" are overdubbed over someone else's demo using the the demo as a guide track.

NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

I saw the press conference on Mtv, they could sing. Lol
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Dusty1 wrote:
Xevin wrote:

There are plenty of musicians especially in Nashville who don't write their own songs and they certainly don't play on their own records. There is a small group of talented session musicians who play like muthas. They go into the studio, they kick out the jams. The "artist", the person with the face and the voice throws down the vocal and the rest is history.

A lot of "hits" are overdubbed over someone else's demo using the the demo as a guide track.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I know nothing about the industry Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

Link

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Yes iowegian. I grew up surrounded by Hunts tomato's and Hunts Catsup, or Ketchup is not for me. Del Monte was also a player. Yuck.

That being said. Tomato processing smells like ass. So gross. They also processed maraschino cherries in my town. Same sewer smell.

So, is Heinz 57 better from Iowa or Ohio, or Holland?
I’d love Cussers opinion

You grew up in The Dalles??

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:
Xevin wrote:
Yes iowegian. I grew up surrounded by Hunts tomato's and Hunts Catsup, or Ketchup is not for me. Del Monte was also a player. Yuck.

That being said. Tomato processing smells like ass. So gross. They also processed maraschino cherries in my town. Same sewer smell.

I’d love Cussers opinion

Or in the NorCal Central Valley.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

My first Guest Mechanic gig was for a trucker in South Kearney, New Jersey. We could throw rocks at the South Kearney Wastewater Treatment Facility from his lot. Hint: That isn't water you're smelling although Newark Bay smells like bass- turds.

The wastewater treatment plant is the opposite of food processing. The food has already been thoroughly processed. They add strawberry / cherry scent to the mix.

You can't fool me!

Moral of the story is the last step in "food processing" doesn't just smell like poo.

Now that you're hungry... Twisted Evil

We took a drive up to Oxnard while we were visiting Los Angeles. The land flattens out. There is a big- ass truck farm north of L.A.. I guess that's how they feed all those people from L.A. down to San Diego.

They grow tomatoes and fist sized West Coast raspberries under remay. Red peppers and kapusta grow out in the open. There were 100 acres... what are those? Can't be tomatoes, tomatoes grow under the remay.

100 acres of peppers. They had just harvested 100 acres of red peppers. Anything not ready for prime time got tilled under. They must have buried 20 tons of ripe peppers.

10 acres of kapusta were headed back to the barn in a farm truck.

We gotta have a VW get- together and picnic north of L.A. the second weekend of September every year. I'll bring my smoker. We'll forage all night and eat all day. We'll serve our fusion cuisine epiphany, stuffed cabbage with salsa. Kinda like a rave version of tamales...

Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Emily's Owner wrote:
Xevin wrote:

I’d love Cussers opinion

Wink Thats right crofty. San Joaquin county area. The reek from sulfur dioxide and other chemicals used in production of the cherries was not pleasant. Similar to paper and pulp manufacturing. Xargaret was on the right track since I’ve been living in Oregon the last 30 years. Just about all Maraschino cherries processed in the US come frorm Oregon. More specifically the area Xargaret suggested I might have grown up.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Quote:
More specifically the area Xargaret suggested I might have grown up lived once

FTFY!
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Quote:
More specifically the area Xargaret suggested I might have grown up lived once

FTFY!

I see what you did there Laughing

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
crofty wrote:
Emily's Owner wrote:
Xevin wrote:

I’d love Cussers opinion

Wink Thats right crofty. San Joaquin county area. The reek from sulfur dioxide and other chemicals used in production of the cherries was not pleasant. Similar to paper and pulp manufacturing. Xargaret was on the right track since I’ve been living in Oregon the last 30 years. Just about all Maraschino cherries processed in the US come frorm Oregon. More specifically the area Xargaret suggested I might have grown up.

Yeah, the Tracy area reeks. A few times a year the air from the Valley pours over the Altamont and fills the valley with the sweet smell of cow crap as well...

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Yeah, the Tracy area reeks. A few times a year the air from the Valley pours over the Altamont and fills the valley with the sweet smell of cow crap as well...

Oh, c'mon. No cowshit, no cheese. No cowshit, no steaks. Laughing

You wanna talk stink? There's a dairy farm thankfully a few towns over. They dump a lotta milk in their manure pond.

STINK!!! Rolling Eyes

We have another dairy farm behind Home Depot on the edge of town. It smells like cowshit in the late fall and early spring when they're spreading cowshit.

If you think the term cowshit is politically incorrect my grammar school principal was a seminary student before he met his wife. He ran a 40 tie dairy as well as bein' Chief Administrator. He always called it cowshit.

Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Abalone from California. So good.
Honorable mention: Geoduck clams.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: The “ Great things from out of State “ thread Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:

Abalone from California. So good.
Honorable mention: Geoduck clams.

Abalone? Those are Big Boy clams.

We don't have those here. The lobsters ate them. Twisted Evil

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: