Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Price differences and inflation defense, up to you
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:53 pm    Post subject: Price differences and inflation defense, up to you Reply with quote

Watch your FLAPS, online or wherever. As an example I recently found:
Permatex Right Stuff ,90 min., 3 oz tube---
autozon $17.99/orally $16.999/walworld $8.30, just smh. Seems more than greedy, it's thieving.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Price differences and inflation defense, up to you Reply with quote

You're just noticing this now?, you pay extra for convenience at most FLAPS, an extra few bucks for the "one stop shop" that delivers.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Price differences and inflation defense, up to you Reply with quote

The difference is YOU driving to Walmart and Amazon delivering it to your door. There is no such thing as free delivery.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Price differences and inflation defense, up to you Reply with quote

I recently bought a dipstick tube for the Wife's '05 Golf. I called NAPA and it was overnight. Looked it up on Amazon, free delivery in a week $8 and change. I went with the one from NAPA and when it arrived it was $43 and didn't fit properly!
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Price differences and inflation defense, up to you Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
I recently bought a dipstick tube for the Wife's '05 Golf. I called NAPA and it was overnight. Looked it up on Amazon, free delivery in a week $8 and change. I went with the one from NAPA and when it arrived it was $43 and didn't fit properly!

I used to use Napa almost exclusively, their blue box Napa brand was top of the line stuff. Now I'm more and more disappointed in Napa.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Price differences and inflation defense, up to you Reply with quote

As we all know...this price hike really started compounding about 2.5 years ago.

The Mann fuel filter for my 2012 Golf was right at $19 and peaks of $23 in early 2020.
Now, if you go to NAPA, their NAPA gold version is $64. The actual MANN filter if they can get it is about $33 today....down a little from about $42 6 months ago.

Advance and Autozone are ~$39.

Yes, I can still get it online at FCP, ECS tuning, Amazon and Rockauto in the $22 range...but then shipping so you better buy enough stuff at one time to make it worthwhile.

Yes, some of the local FLAPS have other brands that are much cheaper ...but I will not do that with this part because the fuel filter on these cars is the primary fuel pressure regulator. The only two brands I will use are Mann or Hengst. Everything else i have tried as replacement part #'s are enough different that the car runs strange for weeks. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Price differences and inflation defense, up to you Reply with quote

Best inflation hedge, returning my third set of 10 oil filters to FCP under their lifetime replacement warranty. I’ve got 5 cars in the fleet alll using the same filter, for the win
blankc72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Price differences and inflation defense, up to you Reply with quote

I'll wait until I have enough from ECS or shopdap.com to get free shipping and buy all at once. If I want OEM anything it has to be ordered because the dealers where I am are way too expensive. I'll also look at 1stvwparts and sometimes buy from them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: