Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone looking for a buggy project?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:22 am    Post subject: Anyone looking for a buggy project? Reply with quote

I was parked at a little roadside hotdog stand in South Georgia with my buggy and a guy pulled up and told me he had a buggy that hasn't moved in more than ten years and asked if I might be interested in buying it.

I went to see it and it definitely looked like it hadn't moved in 10 years! It needs a complete and total restoration.
He said the motor and transmission were excellent when parked. A new clutch had been put in it just six months prior to it being firmly planted in his back field. He said it was a 1600cc dual port and it is an IRS transaxle. It was parked because the gas tank started leaking and it looked like too much work to get at it and put a new one in.

The body is a stretch buggy with 4 seats and a little flat area behind the rear seats.

It looks like everything is there, including a windshield and frame. But EVERYTHING will need to be gone over.

If you, or someone you hate, needs a project for the next 10 years, let me know and I can give you more info.
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone looking for a buggy project? Reply with quote

No picture? 4 seaters are probably what 1 in 10?
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone looking for a buggy project? Reply with quote

Wolfgangdieter wrote:
No picture? 4 seaters are probably what 1 in 10?

I will post some shortly!
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone looking for a buggy project? Reply with quote

A picture or a few would be great. 4 seat buggies tend to evoke some love/hate in the looks department. If someone likes the styling it may attract a buyer.

I’ve looked at a few regular buggies and thought it would be cool to stretch an 80 inch buggy to 94.5 inch stock frame. I have my own ideas of where to make 4 main cuts on each side to gracefully add the usually missing inches. But then — I remember how much grinding and itching is involved!
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone looking for a buggy project? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone looking for a buggy project? Reply with quote

That black "tarp" in the pics is the complete enclosure. Tried to see if it was intact, but it was a wet day so I gave up after water ran off and soaked my leg!
ppilotmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone looking for a buggy project? Reply with quote

I sure hope someone rescues that poor thing. Thanks for putting it out there.
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone looking for a buggy project? Reply with quote

To me, from the side view, it looks like it was lengthen to be a four seater. You can see 2 vertical lines 18 or so inches apart. Shame new tires --- 8+ years ago.
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone looking for a buggy project? Reply with quote

Wolfgangdieter wrote:
To me, from the side view, it looks like it was lengthen to be a four seater. You can see 2 vertical lines 18 or so inches apart. Shame new tires --- 8+ years ago.

I'm pretty sure the lines weren't visible on the other side, that's why I took that picture. I feel like this was a manufactured 4 seat buggy. The inside fiberglass matched so well, that it had to come from a mold. I'm no expert though....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: