Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What are you watching
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
markswagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:14 pm    Post subject: What are you watching Reply with quote

l'm in need of some good TV, love comedy, love scifi
l've seen everything starwars, startrek, star gate.
hated dark matter.
now watching loudermilk.
not interested in heavy drama's

619 201 0310
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

X-Files
Dr. Who
James Burke, "The Day The Universe Changed"
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

Resident Alien. SyFy channel or Netflix. It’s a goof. Unique and clever sci-fi comedy. Not slapstick. My wife who hates SciFi digs it. She got me watching it. Took me a couple episodes. It is good. If you are old enough to remember the show “Soap” in the 70s. It kind of has a unique vibe like that.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

Didn't you watch the complete Battle Star Galactica series?
How about the Star Gate series too?

All kidding aside. I prefer action movies/series.
Reacher on Amazon Prime is a good series. There is some humor and lots of action.

For a drama series. Yellowstone cannot be beat. It streams on the Peacock channel.

I do watch Star Wars frequently and the spinoffs that are free to watch.
I really dislike paying to watch movies and series. After all, I pay handsomely for my cable network tv channels.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Resident Alien. SyFy channel or Netflix. It’s a goof. Unique and clever sci-fi comedy. Not slapstick. My wife who hates SciFi digs it. She got me watching it. Took me a couple episodes. It is good. If you are old enough to remember the show “Soap” in the 70s. It kind of has a unique vibe like that.

Love Resident Alien. I wish they had not cancelled People of Earth, that one was a personal favorite too.

I'm re-watching Northern Exposure since I've trying to get through my second bout of covid.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:
Xevin wrote:

Love Resident Alien. I wish they had not cancelled People of Earth, that one was a personal favorite too.

I'm re-watching Northern Exposure since I've trying to get through my second bout of covid.

Sorry about that Covid. So annoying. Hope you are recovering nicely.
Pretty cool that Resident Alien is based off of one of our local Comic book creators, Dark Horse.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
markswagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

dr who is crap
stargate, l've watched them all.
never heard of resident alien, l will have to look for that one.
l just started watching ''the sopranos''

619 201 0310
YDBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

Boardwalk Empire is very good, love Steve Buscemi!

Currently watching Resident Alien and Abbot Elementary

Also checking out the Netflix Historical Docu/Dramas of Alexander the Great, Samurai, Romans, Cleopatra. Interesting embellishment of historical facts to make it watchable.

The first season of Altered Carbon was good as well.

The Witcher is not bad

Vox Machina in excellent

Bad Batch and Andor also excellent

More as I remember what I binged on for the last few years.
'64 baja
'60 dune buggy
'73 Personenkraftwagen Type 182 "Thing"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Sorry about that Covid. So annoying. Hope you are recovering nicely.
Pretty cool that Resident Alien is based off of one of our local Comic book creators, Dark Horse.

Gave a wave to Dark Horse when I drove past a few weeks ago. I'm at the grouchy stage presently. I'm feeling better but not great, and temps are still trying to bump up here and there, so still fighting it.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

try 'the tourist' series 1 & 2 - not sci-fi but offbeat comedic thriller with great characters and script.

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

Just recently starting watching Loudermilk, and am really enjoying it. The only TV I watch anymore is reruns of MASH and X-Files. Otherwise, it's all youtube programming for some car stuff, some politics/news, and hockey.

If you've never watched Deadwood, do it. Not sure where to stream it, but it might be the single best show I have ever been consumed with in 40 years of watching the idiot box.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

Love is Blind and the Tourist on Netflix, my Wife has control of the remote.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

The Librarians. Sci-fi/supernatural/fantasy/magic. And John Larroquette which is always a bonus.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

I switched to YouTube TV from satellite tv, it gives me more choices. I've watched a few old series, I liked Ray Donavan, it was a Showtime series with Jon Voight, Goliath w/ Bill Bob Thorton was pretty good, another series I'd like to see is Banshee, but I'll need to sign up for Hulu for that.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

I tend to steer well clear of anything with an Apple logo on it, but Apple TV has some of the best stuff...

Slow Horses (Gary Oldman's portrail of Jackson Lamb is brilliant) https://tv.apple.com/gb/show/slow-horses/umc.cmc.2szz3fdt71tl1ulnbp8utgq5o

Home before dark (can't describe why it's good, but it just is) https://tv.apple.com/gb/show/home-before-dark/umc.cmc.5yqy2wv4w7l0v4x5mn3le8l1y

Severance - stylish, trippy and intriguing https://tv.apple.com/gb/show/severance/umc.cmc.1srk2goyh2q2zdxcx605w8vtx

You've mentioned Stargate. Given how old that is - did you watch the re-boot of Battlestar Galactica? If not, it's well worth it. Aside from the general premise and some character names, it's nothing like the 80s kid's show, and is the better for it.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

We aimed for the low hanging fruit and began binge watching all 6 seasons of “Chips” the tv series. That time period late 70s early 80s Southern California is a time capsule. A VW in almost every scene, pretty girls, dozens of cars crashed and burned, ridiculous plot lines. But it is really all about the guest stars Broderick Crawford as himself gets a speeding ticket. Milton Berle as himself, Bruce Jenner liked it so much he was in several episodes. Completely mind numbing and reminds me of the 70s. My fav though is season 2, Officer Sindy Cahil, in real life she was a gymnast and could crush you.😂
markswagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

we tried a few different series from back in the day, the A team, ''monkey''
battle star galctica, blakes 7, far scape, aandromeda, l just couldn't they were all crap
the startrek stuff, fawlty towers, black adder, was jusr as good as l remember.

''black books'', was good one.

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
We aimed for the low hanging fruit and began binge watching all 6 seasons of “Chips” the tv series. That time period late 70s early 80s Southern California is a time capsule. A VW in almost every scene, pretty girls, dozens of cars crashed and burned, ridiculous plot lines. But it is really all about the guest stars Broderick Crawford as himself gets a speeding ticket. Milton Berle as himself, Bruce Jenner liked it so much he was in several episodes. Completely mind numbing and reminds me of the 70s. My fav though is season 2, Officer Sindy Cahil, in real life she was a gymnast and could crush you.😂

619 201 0310
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

It’s my favourite show for reminding people of 1970s LA air quality.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

In the last year we binge watched, among others, Barney Miller and Night Court, two often brilliantly funny sitcoms.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: what are you watching Reply with quote

Dukes of Hazzard...I know, I know its not in tune with the times.

Now Hush!

And enjoy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: