Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Epoxy over Penetrol, Owotrol
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tehillah1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:32 pm    Post subject: Epoxy over Penetrol, Owotrol Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience applying epoxy primers over penetrol/owotrol types of finishes after they have cured?
I'm wanting to seal up what I have which is a mix of bare metal and worn/sanded paint, with the potential of prime/paint in the future.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tehillah1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Epoxy over Penetrol, Owotrol Reply with quote

I'm guessing this is not a viable option though I have 0 auto priming, painting, sealing experience.
I'm thinking I'll seal everything up with epoxy primer and sealer and call it good for now...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Evil_Fiz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Epoxy over Penetrol, Owotrol Reply with quote

tehillah1 wrote:
Does anyone have experience applying epoxy primers over penetrol/owotrol types of finishes after they have cured?
I don't have any experience with those products but most epoxies play well over cured paint and primer as long as they are properly sanded and cleaned. Head over to the SPI forums and post your question there. There are a lot of experienced, helpful members on that sire.

http://www.spiuserforum.com

-----
Emil

See my build on TheSamba at:
The K_R_A_K_E_N_N : a 70 Ghia Convertible reinterpreted
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tehillah1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Epoxy over Penetrol, Owotrol Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply and link Emil
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: