Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tri-Mil Sidewinder Exhaust on a Buggy
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackson.himself
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:09 pm    Post subject: Tri-Mil Sidewinder Exhaust on a Buggy Reply with quote

Has anyone mounted Tri-Mil's sidewinder to a buggy?

My dual exhausts are way too loud for where I live and I need to quiet them down. I like the subtle look of the sidewinder, I'm just worried about wheel rub. I think I'll have enough ground clearance.

I don't really go off-road, just farm trails and rock roads.

Any input is much appreciated and I'll post photos of whatever I mount.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Tri-Mil Sidewinder Exhaust on a Buggy Reply with quote

It might hang back behind the engine more than you intend. I would suggest looking at quiet exhaust systems for a Baja Bug and looking at what others have done on their buggies. Here is an older thread with some options and ideas.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Tri-Mil Sidewinder Exhaust on a Buggy Reply with quote

I am totally with you on the loud issue. After my first 3 hour highway drive with the dual cannons that came on my Buggy my ears were ringing for hours!

However, just a word of caution, you desperately need to get a complete set of lower tins on that engine before you take it anywhere near farm trails or rock roads. The bottom of that engine is far too vulnerable right now to do that! A skid pan would also be a wise addition but you have nothing back there to mount it to.
Dangib
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Tri-Mil Sidewinder Exhaust on a Buggy Reply with quote

they make baffles for cannons or people have fabbed there own. I got the tri mil on my buggy its 25% less noisy and sounds is just magic.
jackson.himself
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Tri-Mil Sidewinder Exhaust on a Buggy Reply with quote

EVfun wrote:
It might hang back behind the engine more than you intend. I would suggest looking at quiet exhaust systems for a Baja Bug and looking at what others have done on their buggies. Here is an older thread with some options and ideas.

Thank you EVfun. You were right, it was going to hang too low and too far out. Beautiful buggy btw.

I ordered a bobtail. I'll add a couple of photos in a few weeks.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Tri-Mil Sidewinder Exhaust on a Buggy Reply with quote

Dont know what part of IL you are in. The Alton /Godfrey area has a active club. The great rover road buggy club. If what ypu bought does not work out, maybe one of these has something that might suit your fancy.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: