Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1967 headlight bucket assembly help
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
aviator8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject: 1967 headlight bucket assembly help Reply with quote

I'm finding plenty of tutorials on pre-67 installation but nothing on 1967 . Mine where all removed when I got my car and am trying to get all the parts back in the proper order and position, I understand that the bucket assemble mounts, if that the right term, (the two peices that are held together by a spring and have two adjustment screws) go in as one piece, but in what orientation? Are they sided, mine don't appear to be, but unsure if I may have two of the same side if they are. What screw size type is used?

Next goes the inner chrome SB12 and that seem straight forward. Then headlight, then seal, then outer chrome. Does that sound right?

edit also on the inner sb12 attachment screws does anyone have the thread size. My inner parts were painted so there is film build but want to use the right side tap without re-threading to a different size.
Aynthm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 1967 headlight bucket assembly help Reply with quote

This might help.

https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=311941177
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aviator8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1967 headlight bucket assembly help Reply with quote

Aynthm wrote:
This might help.

https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=311941177

I must be missing something. That's a link for the outer headlight bezel. The suggested items for mounting screws don't tell size or pitch or position to mount them in.
aviator8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 1967 headlight bucket assembly help Reply with quote

A few pics may help

The fender headlight buckets have three mount points one at 2 one at 10 and a mount tab at the bottom at 6 position that has two screw holes one larger than the other

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here is how I have my bucket assembly's look. The do not look sides as the are exact matches of each other. This is how they were before I painted. There are 16 holes in various positions around the very outside ring some round some oblong vertical some oblong horizontal. I'm just not sure in what position these should go into the bucket. and what screw or bolt size holes to use for the assembly mount and the SB12 inner ring mount. Id prefer to use my stock of fasteners on hand rather than bap $10 to ship a kit from WW, Jbugs, etc.

aviator8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: 1967 headlight bucket assembly help Reply with quote

Anyone?
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1967 headlight bucket assembly help Reply with quote

The screw hole in the 6 o'clock position is for the outer chrome head light ring.

The adjusters are the same, side to side. IIRC, they can only be installed one way. The screw holes are unevenly spaced apart.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: