Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Intake sealing ring
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
extremebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:01 am    Post subject: Intake sealing ring Reply with quote

This may be a crazy question, but is there any need to install the intake (copper) sealing ring on a buggy? My understanding is these are installed to prevent gases from entering the heater, but not sure if that is correct or how it would do that. So on a fiberglass buggy, is it really necessary to install the intake sealing ring? Thinking of installing just the intake gasket.
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Intake sealing ring Reply with quote

On a single port intake head I believe the "sealing ring" is the gasket, yes you need it....

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
extremebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Intake sealing ring Reply with quote

It appears on my single port the sealing rings are separate and the gasket kit only has paper gaskets for the intake. Are paper gaskets normal for the intake, thought these were always metal?
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Intake sealing ring Reply with quote

extremebuggy wrote:
It appears on my single port the sealing rings are separate and the gasket kit only has paper gaskets for the intake. Are paper gaskets normal for the intake, thought these were always metal?

On a single port head it is a compressible copper coated ring..... There is no paper gasket for this connection.....

https://www.jbugs.com/product/311129707.html

The only metal gaskets were on DUAL PORT heads, and yes it's better to use paper gaskets.....

https://www.jbugs.com/product/113129717A.html

Paper...

https://www.jbugs.com/product/3251.html

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
extremebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Intake sealing ring Reply with quote

Dale M. wrote:
extremebuggy wrote:

On a single port head it is a compressible copper coated ring..... There is no paper gasket for this connection.....

https://www.jbugs.com/product/311129707.html

The only metal gaskets were on DUAL PORT heads, and yes it's better to use paper gaskets.....

https://www.jbugs.com/product/113129717A.html

Paper...

https://www.jbugs.com/product/3251.html

Great explanation! Thanks Dale! The gasket kit came with the sealing rings, metal and paper dual head gaskets which I don’t need, and paper single port gaskets which I was unsure about. But sounds like I should not put them on. Guess I was just a little confused why they would include single port paper intake gaskets in the gasket kit if you don’t use them and only use the sealing ring.
MrGoodtunes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Intake sealing ring Reply with quote

extremebuggy wrote:
... paper single port gaskets which I was unsure about ...

They're probably for something else. IDK what, but somebody here may chime in to solve that mystery.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: