Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hazet Tools w/photos
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

yesterday at a car meeting for classic air cooled VW ("Mai Käfer Treffen" = Maybug meeting) in Hannover/Germany:
the Swedish T1 owned today by one of HAZET's partners:

(took the photo early in the morning before the stand was set up with new Assistent)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And a beetle beside with some Hazet decals from a private supporter - nice to have met you!

regards,
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

When tool kit bits were still available from Germany (in british pounds)

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

So they were scaping together superseded parts to fill orders for those that needed replacement tools?

Looks like KDF was a club that got tools direct from Hazet? Neat paperwork but its not that the kits were available, it looks like a club got tools that were missing - if available in 1987.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Looks like KDF was a club that got tools direct from Hazet?

I don't think so... sounds like someone found/built a couple of replicas maybe some from HAZET parts and other manufacturer parts and their own parts back then.

I read: "...virtually orignal form as manufactured by Hazet...", "...no longer available from Hazet. I am trying to pursuade them to remanufacture a batch if there is enough demand..." or "...I can supply a handmade (not Hazet) replacement..." etc.

Not all tools are made by HAZET themself - they sold beside their own products also more or less branded stuff (e.g. build by Stahlwille, Blackhawk, BAHCO, RAHSOL, Rademacher, Flott, Pressol, ...). That might be some un-branded still existing tools from the original companies dropped & exchanged in the HAZET range of goods in 1987 - e.g. most wooden blue screw drivers exchanges by black plastic 1979. But there are other companies with wooden screw drivers - paint them blue and you have a replica - but without the difficult to reproduce HAZET imprints and handle and shaft. The tools you need to create these tools are too expensive for a small demand from fans - many tens of thousands of dollars - if not made of wood on a lathe or plastic in a 3D printer Wink

Again and again you see some offered sets with tools of questionable origin... or with tools from a different time frame.
To find today a complete set is expensive and/or takes a decade of collecting classifieds. You can quickly make money by cheating - also in 1987. Be careful...

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

rsbadura wrote:
notchboy wrote:
Looks like KDF was a club that got tools direct from Hazet?

I don't think so... sounds like someone found/built a couple of replicas maybe some from HAZET parts and other manufacturer parts and their own parts back then.

I read: "...virtually orignal form as manufactured by Hazet...", "...no longer available from Hazet. I am trying to pursuade them to remanufacture a batch if there is enough demand..." or "...I can supply a handmade (not Hazet) replacement..." etc.

Not all tools are made by HAZET themself - they sold beside their own products also more or less branded stuff (e.g. build by Stahlwille, Blackhawk, BAHCO, RAHSOL, Rademacher, Flott, Pressol, ...). That might be some un-branded still existing tools from the original companies dropped & exchanged in the HAZET range of goods in 1987 - e.g. most wooden blue screw drivers exchanges by black plastic 1979. But there are other companies with wooden screw drivers - paint them blue and you have a replica - but without the difficult to reproduce HAZET imprints and handle and shaft. The tools you need to create these tools are too expensive for a small demand from fans - many tens of thousands of dollars - if not made of wood on a lathe or plastic in a 3D printer Wink

Again and again you see some offered sets with tools of questionable origin... or with tools from a different time frame.
To find today a complete set is expensive and/or takes a decade of collecting classifieds. You can quickly make money by cheating - also in 1987. Be careful...

regards,

To me it sounds like they are defiantly in touch with Hazet. Either getting tools they still have or are wanting them to reproduce ones to old standards. Its clear he is stating he asked Hazet to reproduce the Wheelbrace 772-2 from Hazet and has a preliminary cost, no? I do agree they are re-popping as he is offering stubby screw drivers. I guess they were hard to find in 1987 as well. Laughing

How I read.

1) Hazet still has most the tools in nearly original form - As with today - you can find it, but it may not be correct to your year.

2) I've asked Hazet to re-make the 772-2. If they do I think it will cost 30p

3) The stubby available now from Hazet has a black plastic handle and looks dumb in your tool box. But wait! I made some in my garage that are not Hazet, but do look the part. Don't waste my time unless you buy more than just the stubby.

4) 813-2 is now a Phillips. Hack the tip off and make it a flat head if you choose. (I've honestly considered this) Think Laughing

5) 36 mm wrenches are no longer available in the length you need - put a wrong one in as a 25 or 28mm in instead.

If the KDF club didn't get tools direct, they sure asked them to remake discontinued items and also state most tools are available - but not 100% correct. Implying they could get them.

But you are correct - others have made many replicas for sure.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

some old spark plug wrenches (from left to right) of my collection:
it is also an iteration over time and the different engine types I (short), III Ghia (extra long), III and IV (adjustable lenght)

Hazet 501 (~ 1950-1958)
Hazet 2501 (~ 1958-1961)
HAZET 2502 (~ 1963-2000)
Hazet 2503-1 (~ 1963-1972)
Hazet 2505 (~ 1963-1970)
HAZET 2505-1 (~ 1970-1992)
HAZET 2505-1 (~ 1970-1992, different version & in-script)
HAZET 2505-2 (~ 1970-2005, ...missing in the photo, ooops, at the top flat for 3/8" drive)
HAZET 2131 (~ 1958-today, spark plug brush)
HAZET 764 (~ 1952-1979)
HAZET 761 (~ 1952-1992)

and my collection of hubcap pullers
Hazet 2580 (~ 1969-1972, first version with little "a" at the handle but capital letters at the metal puller)
HAZET 2580 (~ 1969-1972, second version with capital letters at both)
HAZET 2580 (~ 1976-1979, no in-script at the black handle)

regards
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Nice line up. Cool

I recently picked up a HAZET 2505-1 (~ 1970-1992) and the 3/8 drive version. These type of spark plug removers are my favorite.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Found at estate sale. I assume the bottom two are toolbox wrenches.

513-27a
513-27b
v-10(?) 8/12mm
Big A 10/13mm
"If Von Dutch was alive, he'd walk in there with a pistol and shoot these people."
-Robert Williams
Allan Buc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

last find Very Happy , too bad the lock is cut Crying or Very sad

rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello Allan,

nice find - it's the Hazet 110 small tool cabinet.
Appears to be the 1958 version looking at the tool placements.

I'm building a new lock on my HAZET 100 big tool cabinet.
(much more complex, because there it is a push bar lock to top and bottom - but that's part of my hobby to rebuild things Wink )

Regards from Berlin, Germany,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
Wout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Nice find!!! Even the paint looks all original.

Good luck filling it with the right tools.

Kind Regards
Wout
Allan Buc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

thank you I didn't think it was so old, a lot of tools were also with it, it is almost complete now!
I dream of finding the 100 one day.

rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello Allan,

your catalog image is from 1963 - not 1958.
You will find the 1958 at the HAZET Mediathek with the list of tools and tool sizes: https://www.hazet.de/media/pdf/27/93/4f/Hazet_Katalog_1958.pdf

Good luck,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

here my tools for piston rings:
HAZET 790-1 (1949 till today) for 50 to 100 mm piston ring diameter
HAZET 2522 (1970-1972) for 70 to 100 mm piston ring diameter - followed by the water cooled universal version 794 U-3 till today
HAZET 2523-85 (1950-1976) there were up to 4 sizes at the end starting at 75 mm diameter, this 85.5 mm version is for 1600 ccm engines since 1965.

some of my socket wrenches
Hazet 2527-13 (1961-1979) for fuel pump types 1, 2 and 3 and temperature sensor of the injection engines of types 3 and 4
Hazet 2527-14 (1950-1972) for fuel pump for earlier type 1, 2
underneath an old packaging bag with the mascot Hazet Harry

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
Allan Buc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Bravo Rolf-Stephan , it's difficult to find in NOS, with little "a" used it's very complicated.
today I received this package, a little pleasure.
As a gift a nice "Assistent" Postcards

Allan Buc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

I'm looking for the right Hazet color, I found this
https://www.hazet.de/de/ci-vorgaben-und-logos
RAL 660-2 (RAL Effect)
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello,

yes, the "RAL 660-2 effect E" (of the "RAL Effect" color palette sometimes named "RAL E2 Effect 660-2" or "660-2" or similar) is the main color I used for my Hazet collection.

if you look at my webpage, you will find all used colors (German: Farben)
(some also from this todays corporate identity document, but also some measured from older parts not listed there):

my current list and colors I use beside black:
Yellow (RAL 1021 colza yellow) for Hazet/HAZET text and lightning bolts on the side in the logo.
Dark blue (RAL 5013 cobalt blue) for the background of the logo
Light blue (RAL 660-2 effect E) for e.g. tool cabinets, trolleys & boxes, etc. since the early 1950s
Silver (RAL 9006 white aluminum) for the upper deck of early tool trolleys since 1954
Light gray (RAL 7001 silver gray) for the upper deck of later tool trolleys ~
 1961 up to 1982
Light yellow (RAL 1016 sulfur yellow) for the brakes of tool trolleys up to around 1976
blue (RAL 5001 green blue) for pre-war toolboxes 1925-1930
light cyan (RAL 6027 light green) for post war tool boxes 1949-1951
Light gray (RAL 7032 pebble grey) late Rademacher tool cart lamp 1967-1979 - probably also for the 1963-1966

In the 1920s through the 30s there were also logos in red on wood or white - or black lettering on white and outlined in red. In the mid-1930s there were other shades of blue - boxes, for example, in a very light gray-blue and logo stripes in a blue & yellow.

RAL is a colour management system used in Europe and founded in Germany 1927 by the "Reichs-Ausschuß für Lieferbedingungen".
These color codes can be found here on paint cans in the hardware store or when ordering.
There are also fans with color samples for this - which I use to check some of these colors (the 660-2 E is not part of the small one I use).

Logo collection from the HAZET 150 years anniversary calendar 2018 - early 1920s till today:

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
Allan Buc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Thumbs Up
this is all very interesting,
thank you very much for your big knowledge, and for sharing it with us.
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

rare special transmission suspension wrench HAZET 2577 (1967-1972)

and a second oil filter wrench HAZET 2596 (1970-1972) now in original box with the rod 768-4

and some HAZET bottle opener: Wink
on the left in silver of the 100th anniversary in 1968 (one side with factory image, the other side with HAZET logo like the golden one) -
on the right in gold around 2000 of the HAZET Club program (both sides similar) -
and in the middle currently around 2020 HAZET 1868-10 based on the 1/4" ratchet 863P

cheers & regards from Berlin,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Am I missing something here? Maybe there's something special about this large "A" wrench. $99? https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2647329
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Jump to:
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: