Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auto Transport/Shipping Information
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HarrysRatBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

HarrysRatBug wrote:
I plan to be moving a couple thousand miles in about 6 months. Will be towing a rental car transporter with an old Beetle on it behind a rental truck (U-Haul, Penske or Budget). Looking for experience/advice especially about theft and vandal prevention while parked at motels.
Made the move safely. Thanks for the suggestions. Only bad part was the ice removal once we got here!
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

My experience (first time) with shipping. I wanted enclosed trailering. After doing some research and deciding to use 4 Corners transport, I called and made arrangements. I was glad that I had read a review that Jeff was "to the point" as he was strictly business and short on the phone. Fine - I'm not trying to small talk. I was making arrangements for a car to be picked up and brought to me. I stressed on the phone that the seller was an individual that worked and needed advance notice at least a day ahead. Jeff assured me that both the seller and I would be notified. After about a week, I got a call from Jeff the morning that the pickup was supposed to happen and I told him "I stressed to you that the seller needed advance notice of a day." He quickly, abruptly and with an increased tone said "That's now how this works." He went on to blah, blah, blah. I ended with "I hope the seller is available this morning. He went on to talk about the problem with rescheduling, losing money, etc.

Fortunately, it worked out.

What I think I have learned from this (my one and only experience) is that these transport companies put a bid out and wait on someone to accept it. So it's not the company you are dealing with that does the transport. And, it helps not to be employed, have someone available 24/7, or be available 24/7 for a transport.

I would not use 4 Corners again. Not sure what I'll do next time, if there is a next time. Sure, I could go get it myself but I didn't want to risk my investment since I don't have the trailer, but more importantly the experience of transporting a car long distance.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Jump to:
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: