Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

If I were to figure the hours I put into my cars and the price I get for them when I’m ready to move them on I’m probably at Industrial Revolution textile worker wages.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Loren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Do you really think you are making that much? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Era Vulgaris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Maybe if those wages are going straight back to the company store Laughing

Previously owned:
98 Porsche Boxster, silver, 2.5L -- 67 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1500sp -- 98 BMW Z3, Atlanta Blue Metallic, 2.8L I6 -- 75 Porsche 914, Laguna Blue, 2270cc -- 72 Porsche 914, Signal Orange, 1.7 FI -- 74 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1600dp -- 74 Triumph TR6 with O.D., sapphire blue
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Era Vulgaris wrote:
Maybe if those wages are going straight back to the company store Laughing

Laughing

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Congrats JAL on the sale.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
JAL78 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:

I felt it was a fair deal at $36,500 considering the last sale on BAT for a 67 vert was $35,500. You couldn’t get this amount on The Samba, Ebay or CL.
1961 Karmann Ghia convertible
1965 Karmann Ghia convertible
1973 Karmann Ghia convertible Sport Edition
1974 Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

JAL78 wrote:
Braukuche wrote:

I felt it was a fair deal at $36,500 considering the last sale on BAT for a 67 vert was $35,500. You couldn’t get this amount on The Samba, Ebay or CL.

Excellent result for a great example!
I invited the new owner to join us on the dark side if they haven’t already.
I have a tinge of sadness for the other bidder as his user name VWRAISED seemed to convey a strong passion for the Ghia.
It also looked like they signed up for BAT specifically to bid on your Ghia.
Any idea where it’s going?
Again, congrats😎

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
JAL78 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
JAL78 wrote:
Braukuche wrote:

Excellent result for a great example!
I invited the new owner to join us on the dark side if they haven’t already.
I have a tinge of sadness for the other bidder as his user name VWRAISED seemed to convey a strong passion for the Ghia.
It also looked like they signed up for BAT specifically to bid on your Ghia.
Any idea where it’s going?
Again, congrats😎

The car is going to a really happy lady in Savannah Georgia. She says she’s been searching on BAT for a long time and this was her car. As you can see it really is a nice car and would have kept it if it was as correct as yours. I couldn’t find the items to make it 100% correct. Your right about parts being unobtainable such as the door mirrors, door pulls, rear view mirror, lobster claw seat belts, dash pad, anir cleaner and ashtray.
1974 Thing
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Between you sale and mine I almost think the prices are going back up again?

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
JAL78 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Between you sale and mine I almost think the prices are going back up again?

I agree! Early Spring is always the best time to sell convertibles.
1974 Thing
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Another Ghia on BAT.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-coupe-3/

Love that color.
Green Ghia
Pretty serious opening bid ! Shocked

That’s Ronsr the junkyard king and VW collector. Lately he’s been bidding $15k on every Ghia that’s popped up but then usually stops.

The car sold to it's only bid! $15,001. Something seems very odd with this auction?? Obviously, the opening bid was higher than all other bidders cared to pay. It does have a lot of issues.

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Another Ghia on BAT.

Love that color.
Green Ghia

That’s Ronsr the junkyard king and VW collector. Lately he’s been bidding $15k on every Ghia that’s popped up but then usually stops.

The car sold to it's only bid! $15,001. Something seems very odd with this auction?? Obviously, the opening bid was higher than all other bidders cared to pay. It does have a lot of issues.

It because Ronst the junkyard king has been throwing $15k bids at every Ghia that’s popped up recently. Maybe because he’s tired of seeing all thr pointless $5k and $6k bids and wants to juice them up into reality land? So far he’s always been outbid, but he got stuck this time.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Another Ghia on BAT.

Love that color.
Green Ghia

It because Ronst the junkyard king has been throwing $15k bids at every Ghia that’s popped up recently. Maybe because he’s tired of seeing all thr pointless $5k and $6k bids and wants to juice them up into reality land? So far he’s always been outbid, but he got stuck this time.

It might have hurt the seller, but I can't see this car going any higher so probably not.
Hope he's happy with his purchase! LOL

Previously Owned:
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
JAL78 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Another Ghia on BAT.

Love that color.
Green Ghia

Who knows. My guess is that he placed a bid on this car haphazardly without throughly looking through the listing. He’s probably had no intention of actually purchasing it especially because he has indicated that he prefers stock cars as investments which this car is not. I appreciate that he’s trying to increase the values of Ghia’s overall but may have overpaid on this one. With the rust, metal work and paint repairs he will be into this car way more than it’s worth.
1974 Thing
kimkinzie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

JAL78 wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Another Ghia on BAT.

Love that color.
Green Ghia

Who knows. My guess is that he placed a bid on this car haphazardly without throughly looking through the listing. He’s probably had no intention of actually purchasing it especially because he has indicated that he prefers stock cars as investments which this car is not. I appreciate that he’s trying to increase the values of Ghia’s overall but may have overpaid on this one. With the rust, metal work and paint repairs he will be into this car way more than it’s worth.

@Ronst seems to be a fairly heavy player on BaT with over 49 purchases in the past few years. His bid was actually not out of character based on previous behavior, and his bank account can certainly withstand a lot of headwinds. Perhaps we are all a bit too eager to judge ...? A sampling of his wins over the years (Ghia mentioned above in 2nd position):

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If that is considered a "junkyard", I want some scraps ...
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Most recent Ghia on BAT sold for $27,250. A rather squared away yellow 71 vert. I expected it would easily go over $30K. Collector cars are not doing as well as a few yrs ago. I might be mistaken, but I'm am pretty sure this is the car I almost bought 5 years ago. Back then I could have bought it for $19,000.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-convertible-31/

Previously Owned:
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

JAL78 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:
Most recent Ghia on BAT sold for $27,250. A rather squared away yellow 71 vert. I expected it would easily go over $30K. Collector cars are not doing as well as a few yrs ago. I might be mistaken, but I'm am pretty sure this is the car I almost bought 5 years ago. Back then I could have bought it for $19,000.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-convertible-31/

The market is definitely not what it was a couple of years ago. However its on the up for sure especially the convertibles. I did not expect it to go for 30+being a 70-71 model. It would have if it was a a 69 or earlier convertible in the same condition. I feel that $27,250 was a fair price for this car considering that Braukuche's car sold for $29,000 which in my opinion was a superior car and was represented excellently.
1974 Thing
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

kimkinzie wrote:
JAL78 wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Another Ghia on BAT.

Love that color.
Green Ghia

@Ronst seems to be a fairly heavy player on BaT with over 49 purchases in the past few years. His bid was actually not out of character based on previous behavior, and his bank account can certainly withstand a lot of headwinds. Perhaps we are all a bit too eager to judge ...? A sampling of his wins over the years (Ghia mentioned above in 2nd position):

If that is considered a "junkyard", I want some scraps ...

He really is the junkyard king. He owned a slew of them across Texas and elsewhere. That’s where he made his money. I wasn’t alluding to his collection.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

If one is looking for an entry level project this might fit the bill.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-33/

All that is needed is a donor Ghia although......
this could be the perfect candidate for a TDCTDI Baja build Cool

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112
Jump to:
Page 112 of 112

Jump to: