Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official good deal on Buses or parts topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 508, 509, 510  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
thomas.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

These photos probably won't last long since it's C.L.. Not a bad deal though for a Brazilian bus . https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/canonsburg-1972-volkswagen-bus-vanagon/7718539162.html
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thomas.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

I opened the image in a new tab then copied and pasted to see if it will last. https://images.craigslist.org/00b0b_d0brMoDI9M0_0cK08v_600x450.jpg
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

thomas. wrote:
These photos probably won't last long since it's C.L.. Not a bad deal though for a Brazilian bus . https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/canonsburg-1972-volkswagen-bus-vanagon/7718539162.html
Almost certainly a scam.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thomas.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
thomas. wrote:
Almost certainly a scam.

Looks like you were right. The posting was " flagged for removal" !
BruceFD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2669953

This seems like a more then fair price?
I_Dont_Mind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2672516

Not my price bracket but seems like a good price knowing it's from Cookers.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

This seems like a decent bus for the money:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2675465
don.ville Premium Member
Samba YardMan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

How about the RHD double door sliders for $25k in classifieds now.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2556977

67 Standard 11 window How I Keep My Bus Alive
04 Jetta TDI Page (SOLD)
01 Mexican Beetle Hello Kitty Rescue (SOLD)
29 Ford Model A Rat Rod (SOLD)
2015 Audi A8L TDI Quattro
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

don.ville wrote:

$25k sees really high for that bus. I know it is quite rare as it's a double slider, but it is still a panel. It is also rusty and needs metal repair. There is a double door 1956 panel for sale close to me right now for $15k and it is much more solid than this bus. Maybe it would be worth $25k if it was a double slider Kombi or Standard, but panel buses are the least desirable model.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

ronjonlasvegas wrote:
don.ville wrote:

$25k sees really high for that bus. I know it is quite rare as it's a double slider, but it is still a panel. It is also rusty and needs metal repair. There is a double door 1956 panel for sale close to me right now for $15k and it is much more solid than this bus. Maybe it would be worth $25k if it was a double slider Kombi or Standard, but panel buses are the least desirable model.

How much is shipping from Japan?

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
This seems like a decent bus for the money:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2675465

I agree. A good starting point bus but lose the blood donor red.
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

ronjonlasvegas wrote:
panel buses are the least desirable model.

Hey hey now… easy
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
ronjonlasvegas wrote:
panel buses are the least desirable model.

Hey hey now… easy

Here is an old post from Lind about the desirability of each model.

Lind wrote:
jvmax wrote:
I've been looking on or off for the past few years and wanted to see which variations are more desirable than others. Obviously, the 23 or 21 windows are on the top of the list. After that, would you say 15, 13, 11 window? What about the camper versions? Also, is stock more desirable than modified.

I have a 1991 Porsche 911 c4 and a 1995 911 c2, so I am not new to the air-cooled world. I would love to add a bus to my collection, just not sure where to start besides thesamba.com and a split window version.

John
so you need to decide which model you want. there are 8 main models of buses:
deluxe sunroof (23 or 21 windows) coolest ever
deluxe hardtop (15 or 13 windows) appeals to bus nerds
standard microbus (11 windows passenger model) appeals to even bigger bus nerds
camper (many variations) much much fun
panelvan (5 windows) appeals to only broke ass bus nerds
kombi (panel with 11 windows and maybe seats) appeals to thrifty bus nerds
doublecab (5 seater pickup) appeals to most people.
singlecab (2 seater pickup) appeals to people who have only one friend to ride around with.

then you need to decide which era you like:
earlier = looks cooler
later = drives better

then you need to decide which color you want:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/colorstype2.php

then you need to decide which options you want. here are some:
walkthrough - most convenient for driver, less comfortable for passenger
sunroof - way more fun for the passengers than the driver
doubledoors - neat
safari windows - cool
ambulance fans - subtle extravagance
etc.

now get a rough sketch of what you want and see if you can find one like that. don't settle for the wrong bus. be patient. buy what you like, the only person you should be trying to impress is yourself.

people are impressed by any split bus, but 23s/21s, westfalia campers and doublecabs are the money buses. panels and singlecabs are the broke-ass low end buses.

oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

This one went pending quickly, anyone see what it was listed for?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2675771
myklsmyth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
This one went pending quickly, anyone see what it was listed for?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2675771

I saw this on FB Marketplace yesterday. $14k. A couple guys were trashing the price as ridiculous. I said, "Yeah right!" Not surprised that it is pending at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
von_hansel Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

I'm surprised that it was priced to move considering the seller is a flipper.

Fairly dry bus too. Campers are SO hot right now. I like the vintage SOTO sticker that was on the rear window.

I heard it will be staying on the East Coast
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

von_hansel wrote:

Fairly dry bus too. Campers are SO hot right now. I like the vintage SOTO sticker that was on the rear window.

I was getting all nostalgic when I saw the ad and saw it was an Alabama Camper..of course if I bought it, I would have to ditch the Westy stuff and restore the interior in correct "Alabama Camper" goodness. I would keep the pop-top though! Cool
von_hansel Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
von_hansel wrote:

I was getting all nostalgic when I saw the ad and saw it was an Alabama Camper.

Good eye! I knew that fridge, trim/ molding around the windows, and wood panels that cover the whole door/ long panel looked familiar but couldn't place my finger on it.

oakman wrote:
of course if I bought it, I would have to ditch the Westy stuff and restore the interior in correct "Alabama Camper" goodness. I would keep the pop-top though! Cool

Being a completist is a sickness. I suffer from the same disease
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

von_hansel wrote:
oakman wrote:
von_hansel wrote:

I was getting all nostalgic when I saw the ad and saw it was an Alabama Camper.

Good eye! I knew that fridge, trim/ molding around the windows, and wood panels that cover the whole door/ long panel looked familiar but couldn't place my finger on it.

oakman wrote:
of course if I bought it, I would have to ditch the Westy stuff and restore the interior in correct "Alabama Camper" goodness. I would keep the pop-top though! Cool

Being a completist is a sickness. I suffer from the same disease

Yes, it can be tough at times!! I still have the Martha Stewart Vintage Glitter set I used to make my home-made fake formica, think I don't??! Very Happy
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

At 48k not necessarily a good deal but interesting how this beautiful panel is up for sale again nearly doubling the last sale. Wasn't this on BAT sold by GraysVW (samba member name not sure), and sold too low? I can't find the link with how he found it but he did a nice cleanup job but may have been in a hurry to sell.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266762691703?itmmeta=01HV...R47zvtzeYw
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 508, 509, 510  Next
Jump to:
Page 509 of 510

Jump to: