Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Harbor Freight win or lose thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crankbait09
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Harbor Freight win or lose thread Reply with quote

Item 63260 - Front wheel bearing adapter - WIN
I used this kit on my daughters VW jetta. Worked flawlessly. I couldn't be happier.

Item 62340 - Heat gun - WIN
I have used this for a few years now. From applying decals to boats, to shrinking wire connectors. Works really well.

Item 60372 - 5 Amp Angle Grinder - WIN
Used this for a number of things, but mainly to work on a boat trailer. 5 years later, and it still works flawlessly.

I've bought a number of things from time to time and nothing has let me down yet.
brian rogers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official Harbor Freight win or lose thread Reply with quote

Has any used the vacume pump from HF? Yeah good reviews but Iím not sure I want to as I have too many tools and limited space as it is.
NoDents Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Harbor Freight win or lose thread Reply with quote

This will help anyone decide whether to buy HF tools or not.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1971 Karmann Ghia Convertible, resto/mod in process
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Harbor Freight win or lose thread Reply with quote

One question is conspicuously absent from the ^^ Decision tree ^^

Rolling Eyes "Do you have eye protection?" Rolling Eyes

Heres a Harbor Freight catalog used as soft-jaws for the vise.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

EJ25, Peloquin diff, locker, transaxle oil cooler/filtration system
....KTMs, GasGas, and a Stumpjumper
One apple every 8 hours will keep 3 doctors away - B Kliban
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Harbor Freight win or lose thread Reply with quote

Sodo wrote:
Heres a Harbor Freight catalog used as soft-jaws for the vise.

Sooo, would you consider that a "win" then? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Harbor Freight win or lose thread Reply with quote

WIN
Lawn tractor jack, GREAT
Bench drill press
1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch click-type torque wrenches ($10 each)
3-ton low profile high lift floor jack GREAT
Wall mount for TV $15
120 volt hammer drill 1/2 inch
Warrior titanium drill bit set
1/2 inch 120 volt 250 ft lb electric impact wrench (over 20 years old)
Jack stands, wheel chock
Steel service cart
Mesh lawn cart
Transmission scissors jack ($80)
120 volt pole-type chain saw GREAT
Truck bed ramps
R134a service gauges
S-shaped metric box wrenches
Sledge hammer
Quick release clamps
5 mil nitrile disposable gloves
120 volt grinder
pneumatic stapler

LOSE
Large hole saw kit (wouldn't cut wood !!!) 3/4 inch to 5 inch; returned
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2005 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
ivwshane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Harbor Freight win or lose thread Reply with quote

Wins
I bought a media blast cabinet from then and after properly sealing it and upgrading my fittings to high flow, it works great! The only negative is that the include light is useless. I have an LED shop light that I got from home depot that sits on the window that words works fine.

I bought an impact gun, the new earthquake series, compact 1/2" and it works great, with the high flow fittings.

Their general brand mobile cart that I got for $99 is great but I did end up buying two new swivel casters for it for better mobility.

Magnetic tool holder. If you can get the when they go on sale for $3 its a freaken steal! I use them to hold wrench sockets.

To be determined
I bought an industrial water separator for my air compressor and other than being able to better control the pressure, I'm not sure if its doing much.

Losers
The Pittsburg torque wrenches are almost useless. The issue is that the audible click you are supposed to hear when you reach the specified torque, its barely audible. (I don't know if its something that can be fixed) however for the $30 I spent for three different sizes of torque wrenches, I'll live with it.

Smaller tumbler. Very disappointed in this. For one, the two stores I visited, didn't have the necessary media that supposed to work with it (they had large media which did not do anything). The lid would work itself off. If you put too large of a part in it, it could potential wear a hole in it because of the thin plastic its built out of.

Those are just my most recent purchases. There have been a lot of winners and losers throughout the years though.
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Harbor Freight win or lose thread Reply with quote

I purchased this metal shear:

https://www.harborfreight.com/14-gauge-4-amp-heavy-duty-metal-shears-62213.html

Works great and rated to cut thicker gauge metal than anything close to itís price. Iím not sure what the thickness of a factory running board is but I cut thru a set length wise like butter.
Handy tool to have in your box.

This one was mentioned in a previous post back in 2012.
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-4-quarter-inch-forged-ball-joint-separator-99849.html
A must have and worked great when removing the steering rod from the pitman arm on a split bus. Will pop off a ball joint in minutes with no damage to the grease boot.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: