Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2537, 2538, 2539 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snowave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:

the pass side pop out is a good giveaway that it didn't oll off line as a real westfalia- mcode confirms this too

i see partial whale pump in there but is missing the actual faucet

looks like a microbus that had a so42 interior transplant and a pop top added

Model is 23xx so definitely a Kombi, Pearl White with mesh grey upholstery. That whale pump would have been found in an early SO42 (65) so wouldn't make sense for an 67 SO42. Buyer beware.

Clara wrote:

I am the seller of this bus. I purchased it from a friend, who purchased it from the original owner who did the restoration. I saw the bus during the restoration phase and nothing showed me that it was not an original Westfalia. I will do some further research to try and find out if this is not original. I know the paint is color is not original. The Westfalia kit is dated 1965.
The trim above the windows is not og.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Seems to have the elusive extra trim piece over the cargo doors as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Theres all kinds of wrong with that back edge of the pop out hole.

"1967 Bus with SO-42 Camper kit installed Price: 42500 "

looks like the ad was updated.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

crofty wrote:

He replied to you above your post. But did not scroll down far enough when he posted his statement.

Snowave wrote:

I am the seller of this bus. I purchased it from a friend, who purchased it from the original owner who did the restoration. I saw the bus during the restoration phase and nothing showed me that it was not an original Westfalia. I will do some further research to try and find out if this is not original. I know the paint is color is not original. The Westfalia kit is dated 1965.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Snowave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
crofty wrote:

He replied to you above your post. But did not scroll down far enough when he posted his statement.

Snowave wrote:

I apologize for my novice posting. After further research it does appear this bus is not an original Westfalia kit. I have owned the bus for about a year and purchased it from a friend. I helped with some of the reassembly after it was repainted. This is the first I am finding out it is not original. I would never try to mislead anyone. I have changed the ad and the price. The revelation is a shock to me. Regardless, this is a very nice bus that has an upgraded motor, transmission, and most of the original pieces of a westfalia kit. It drives very nice and is great to camp in.

I appreciate everyone bringing this to my attention.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Snowave wrote:
Regardless, this is a very nice bus that has an upgraded motor, transmission, and most of the original pieces of a westfalia kit. It drives very nice and is great to camp in.

while its a bummer that its not a factory westfalia, its still an awesome bus that would be fun as hell to hop in and go for a road trip. Thank you for changing the ad, thats honesty at its finest!
lumber-baron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

This has always been a highly successful sales tactic:
If the bus doesn’t sell we are gozing to pull the ad and do some more work on the interior of the bus and the price will go up accordingly!
curbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

£85000 come on 😂😂
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2340443
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

velvetgreen wrote:

Bus Bucks
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

curbo wrote:
£85000 come on 😂😂
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2340443

I can see that. It comes with all of those parts so a couple hours of assembly and then off to the auctions to harvest the thing. Easy money.
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Do you think this guy is aware that new/uncut sunroof clips are available for $5000 less than he is asking?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2353802

He should have sold this for big money 3 years ago.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

npbusguy wrote:
Do you think this guy is aware that new/uncut sunroof clips are available for $5000 less than he is asking?

Its original german steel, already assembled. Laughing

What about the baller looking for patina that needs a replacement roof?

Won't the discerning buyer looking for these things spend that extra cash?

Wink

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

The back 25% is hacked off.
Believe me, I get using original parts, but this roof is not an easy swap, but it is all the money and then some for a hacked part.
Ohio_Style
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

If it was all there with the sunroof stuff and all the glass he might be playing in the right ball game.

Slammed Thing
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9278729#9278729
Lifted Split Bus Build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=738403
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Snowave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

sled wrote:
Snowave wrote:
Regardless, this is a very nice bus that has an upgraded motor, transmission, and most of the original pieces of a westfalia kit. It drives very nice and is great to camp in.

while its a bummer that its not a factory westfalia, its still an awesome bus that would be fun as hell to hop in and go for a road trip. Thank you for changing the ad, thats honesty at its finest!

Thanks Sled!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

npbusguy wrote:

The two wall hanger pics were taken in my buddy's shop before it left here. It had all of the parts and pieces at that time, but it appears to have changed hands once or twice since then.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

npbusguy wrote:
The back 25% is hacked off.
Believe me, I get using original parts, but this roof is not an easy swap, but it is all the money and then some for a hacked part.

Ahh, I was talking with a sarcastic tone. Wink Like most the time. That shit is overpriced for sure. Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Snowave wrote:

srfndoc wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:

the pass side pop out is a good giveaway that it didn't oll off line as a real westfalia- mcode confirms this too

i see partial whale pump in there but is missing the actual faucet

looks like a microbus that had a so42 interior transplant and a pop top added

Model is 23xx so definitely a Kombi, Pearl White with mesh grey upholstery. That whale pump would have been found in an early SO42 (65) so wouldn't make sense for an 67 SO42. Buyer beware.

Clara wrote:

Seems to have the elusive extra trim piece over the cargo doors as well.

FIFY
Snowave is the seller of the bus, not me.

I see the ad now says:
Quote:
I am not claiming that this is an original SO-42 because I am unable to prove this, even though it looks original knowing that some items may have been lost and replaced in the past 53 years.

It looks like a decent post fact conversion where someone put a 1965 SO-42 kit into a 67 kombi, but we can tell it's not an original Westfalia camper.
I'm not talking about the earlier bumpers, or missing a cabinet drawer handle saying it is not legit.
Yours was more completely done than most, but your M-code plate clearly says it is not a Westfalia conversion.
Maybe this will help explain...

Here is your M-code plate. It does not have B42 or C42 as a code.
It shows a pearl white kombi delivered to San Francisco.

Here is a very typical M-code plate from a pearl white SO-42:

Here are a couple more SO-42 Mcode tags:

another:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/272980.jpg
some more: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php...t_dir=DESC
US delivered SO-42s have have X42 and 108 as option codes.
SO-42s have paint code 523xxx.

There are some legit SO42s w/o the x42 code, but they all seem to have no port code, and 523xxx paint codes. They usually have cool options and seem to be special ordered.

ID your VW bus: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/id.php

On the other end of the spectrum, this is an original SO-42 that has been gutted and hacked:

I have a 66 Westfakia myself, I'm not hating on Westfakias.
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Next up on eBay, fake M-code plates!
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Crazy money for a Westy missing its interior.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2350815

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2537, 2538, 2539 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2538 of 2710

Jump to: