Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

An update for those looking for the latest delivery times. I ordered one for my '75 convertible on November 18th and I just received it today, quicker than expected! One little surprise is that it has the original engine and was delivered in San Antonio Texas, which would explain the solid body. One detail that's a little confusing is that it lists the tire size as 5.60-15 whitewalls. Weren't all later cars 6.00-15 or was it either/or? If anyone knows please let me know
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FritzCP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I ordered mine on Nov 28th and got it on Dec 10th.
Fritz 70 - 6306 Bearing Puller
Fritz 44 - Dizzy Puller
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
66foot Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

We have owned our 1972 Super Beetle for 22 years.

We are the second family to own the car.

Although I have many original documents such as the purchase invoice, the Monroney window sticker, the owners manual, the sales brochure, and many repair invoices, none of them listed the engine number.

Therefore, I decided it was time to order the Birth Certificate.
Ordered on 01.01.24.
Received on 01.24.24.

My Super Beetle was born on 03.09.72.
Delivered to San Francisco on 03.14.72.
Note: That seems like a quick delivery from Germany to San Francisco.

I am happy to see that the AE engine number that I submitted to Classic Parts did match the VIN and engine number on file in the VW Archive records. Very Happy

The special configuration M-codes listed several that could be identified.
Like M-290 - Looks like I will have to find some rear mud flaps.

However, a few M-codes were considered indefinite:

F01
M247
M534
M698
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

66foot, very nice! I wish someone could Help Me Understand how VW can't identify SO many of the M codes. I have three on one of my '75s that can't be identified
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

66foot wrote:

My Super Beetle was born on 03.09.72.
Delivered to San Francisco on 03.14.72.
Note: That seems like a quick delivery from Germany to San Francisco.

They may have changed the format and/or text since I last ordered one. The last one I got, in 2015, listed the dates as "Built On" and "Left the Factory On." So it was a ship date, not a delivery date. (Mine also shipped to San Francisco.)

That makes a lot more sense as it's easy to imagine it taking 5 days from completion to loading on a ship, but very hard to imagine a ship going from Germany to San Francisco, via the Panama Canal, in 5 days.
66foot Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

René -

That makes a lot more sense - shipped to San Francisco on 03.14.72.

Thanks...Pat
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Ordered my 1961 Beetle Convertible BC on 1/6/2024, received 1/27/2024.

Learned something new.. Option code M912 ...never knew that chromium fender beadings were an option for convertibles... Cool ...
Would be interesting to see with its Ruby Red paint color IMO Think

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I ordered 3 - one for my single cab, one for my deluxe, and one for my friend's standard. I ordered them on January 13th (a Saturday, so effectively the 15th) and got them February 10th.

Bad news: My '1957' Deluxe is actually considered a 1958 by the birth certificate people.
Good news: The engine is indeed the original
But it gets a two-page birth certificate, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

My single cab is registered as a 1956, but is considered a 1957.

And the standard

1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61
Jump to:
Page 61 of 61

Jump to: