Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bring-A-Trailer Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Following that nice sale I would be interested to see what this one goes for.
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

1982 Vanagon Westfalia - original owner, diesel-powered, 1.6L/4-spd, 69K miles

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1982-volkswagen-vanagon-10-2/

A relisted unit as it was only bid to $17K in October
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

1991 Syncro Tin Top 2.1L/manual 164K miles

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-volkswagen-vanagon-synchro-8/
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Maybe the fact that SYNCRO is Mis spelled might not attract as many Google searches.

I know a guy that used just look for Mis Spelled ads on different items. Generally did pretty well.

That van is what we refer to as "L" Model.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

16CVs wrote:
Maybe the fact that SYNCRO is Mis spelled might not attract as many Google searches.

I know a guy that used just look for Mis Spelled ads on different items. Generally did pretty well.

That van is what we refer to as "L" Model.

Stacy
Also the gear knob proclaims it to be a five-speed, not a four-speed gearbox.
Twan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

German import 1987 Syncro Doka turbodiesel. Looks to be really clean with some potentially divisive mods. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-volkswagen-t3-doka-transporter-8/
Twan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Twan wrote:
German import 1987 Syncro Doka turbodiesel. Looks to be really clean with some potentially divisive mods. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-volkswagen-t3-doka-transporter-8/

And sold for just a hair under $31k.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

steve244 wrote:
coqcitywesty wrote:
1990 Westfalia - all original survivor 35K 2.1 - 4 spd - super clean!

As Billy Idol once sang '....its a nice day for white Westy..."

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-volkswagen-vanagon-westfalia-28/

Hammered at $62,000.00.

Holy cow! That's a remarkable price for a 2WD Westy, even if it's clean and low miles.

Check out the page of the BaT player who bought it. A number of pretty wins and some hefty losing bids including a $217K bid on a Bimmer. They've got something going on.

I wouldn't be surprised if Leftcoast7 is associated with BaT seller Leftcoastclassics and the Sonoma, CA Left Coast Classics dealer.

https://bringatrailer.com/member/leftcoast7/
https://bringatrailer.com/member/leftcoastclassics/
https://www.leftcoastclassics.com

I guarantee he'll never be interested in my rusty old van.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
steve244
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Nice 80.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-volkswagen-vanagon-westfalia-17/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The Vanagon's drivetrain and chassis restomod thread. Best sung to the tune of I Did It My Way...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

This is an interesting article on the Bat selling process.

- The car must be accepted by BaT to be sold on BaT. Kinda like getting a kid into that premier kindergarten.
- The car will wait until BaT is ready to list it.
- The description will be written by BaT with some input from the seller.
- An engaged seller in the comments helps drive the sale. This article suggests that the seller provide the first comment of the sale with their genuine description to augment the BaT lawsuit averse description.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/i...-patience/

Abscate wrote:

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
JPrato
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

How are the finances handled with Bring a Trailer? Strictly private between Buyer and seller, Check? cash only? Escrow style, funds released upon delivery and acceptance? Just curious. I know someone who buys and sells collector car as a hobby and he is strictly cash. I don't know if I could bring $30, $50 grand or more in a suitcase to a stranger to buy a vehicle. Call me chicken but that seems ripe for theft or worse.

87 Syncro Tin Top project
84 Westy, 2.5L Subaru power
06 Subaru 2.5 turbo in waiting
46 Cessna 140
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

The $500 down payment done through the site via credit card. The rest is between you and the buyer. AFAIK. I've bid half a dozen times but never won.

I really wanted this Subaru Sambar. Look how cute it is. Microbus body kit! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-subaru-sambar/
JPrato
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Very cute! And it already has a Subaru conversion engine.

87 Syncro Tin Top project
84 Westy, 2.5L Subaru power
06 Subaru 2.5 turbo in waiting
46 Cessna 140
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Buyer commission is 5% capped at 7500.

Check out verified check out for buyers

https://bringatrailer.com/faq/
Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Dry country vans for sale: https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/pts/d/albuquerque-87-and-two-85s-vanagon/7735675654.html
Sir Sam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

JPrato wrote:
How are the finances handled with Bring a Trailer? Strictly private between Buyer and seller, Check? cash only? Escrow style, funds released upon delivery and acceptance? Just curious. I know someone who buys and sells collector car as a hobby and he is strictly cash. I don't know if I could bring $30, $50 grand or more in a suitcase to a stranger to buy a vehicle. Call me chicken but that seems ripe for theft or worse.

I've sold a few times on BAT. I pay $100 to list it, buyer payers their fees, final payment I have done via wire transfer every time.

87' Syncro + '87 Westy conversion coming soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sir Sam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:
The $500 down payment done through the site via credit card. The rest is between you and the buyer. AFAIK. I've bid half a dozen times but never won.

I really wanted this Subaru Sambar. Look how cute it is. Microbus body kit! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-subaru-sambar/

I have a Sambar truck, love it!

Much cheaper to import your own and more options in Japan than stateside.

87' Syncro + '87 Westy conversion coming soon
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

JPrato wrote:

When I bought my Suzuki Samurai off BAT I wired $ to the seller and he sent the title immediately after. Having the truck shipped to me was painless too and cheaper than me traveling to pick it up.

IME, they make it almost too easy to spend money on cool vehicles.
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

JPrato wrote:
I don't know if I could bring $30, $50 grand or more in a suitcase to a stranger to buy a vehicle. Call me chicken but that seems ripe for theft or worse.

Worse: Civil asset forfeiture. A number of these incidents have occurred over the last handful of years and it takes forever via lawyers and public government shaming to get your money returned. Don't risk it.
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Vanagon adjacent: a syncro diesel Eurovan with 42K miles.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1998-volkswagen-transporter-syncro-tdi/
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Abscate wrote:

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: