Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bring-A-Trailer Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calsurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

This is just too darn cool. Not a van, but really cool still. Anyone ever see one or know anything about them?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-volkswagen-beetle-super-bugger/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/img]
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Here's a real sleeper.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1981-volkswagen-vanagon-9/

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Oh that one is back up for sale already. IIRC, the guy built it to haul his track car.
ferry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

calsurf wrote:
This is just too darn cool. Not a van, but really cool still. Anyone ever see one or know anything about them?

[/img]

Kieft en klok in the Netherlands Just sold one
Tobias Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

ferry wrote:
calsurf wrote:

[/img]

Kieft en klok in the Netherlands Just sold one

That thing was a steal at that price.

No way I would sell anything today on BAT
steve244
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Something for someone with a good drivetrain but rusty body!!!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1981-volkswagen-vanagon-westfalia-19/

The Vanagon's drivetrain and chassis restomod thread. Best sung to the tune of I Did It My Way...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Bid to 33k...no sale

Fish wrote:
Here's a real sleeper.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

It sold for $48K on BaT on 12/7/21. The current seller bought it in July '23.

In '21 the van got 60 bids and 145 comments. This time around only 13 bids and 67 comments.

"A van is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it on a given day."

RoryGirl wrote:
Bid to 33k...no sale

Fish wrote:
Here's a real sleeper.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Wiky123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Hello - New to the forum and excited to be here. I just purchased this 1986 Diesel Type 2 from a seller on Cars and Bids. https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3pGZw1XB/1986-volkswagen-type-2-transporter-diesel

Car was originally imported from Italy to VA where the seller got it titled in VA. I'm in California and looking for some guidance on registration and emissions (if applicable).

CA DMV states that the vehicle does not require smog inspection if the Diesel-powered vehicle is a 1997 and older year model. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehicle-registration/smog-inspections/

However, since this was originally imported by the seller from Italy to VA I'm starting to have some concerns. Anyone have experience registering an imported type 2 in CA with a US title in hand?
My thought is that it should just be treated as a Title Transfer to get registered in CA. Any help is appreciated.
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Wiky123 wrote:
Hello - New to the forum and excited to be here. I just purchased this 1986 Diesel Type 2 from a seller on Cars and Bids.
Car was originally imported from Italy to VA where the seller got it titled in VA. I'm in California and looking for some guidance on registration and emissions (if applicable).

CA DMV states that the vehicle does not require smog inspection if the Diesel-powered vehicle is a 1997 and older year model. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehicle-registration/smog-inspections/

However, since this was originally imported by the seller from Italy to VA I'm starting to have some concerns. Anyone have experience registering an imported type 2 in CA with a US title in hand?
My thought is that it should just be treated as a Title Transfer to get registered in CA. Any help is appreciated.

This is not the right thread to discuss California registration of grey market cars.
Others will direct you to the appropriate thread.
My gut feeling is that you should find the right RI (Registered Importer) to get all your ducks in a row.
that said, it may be difficult or impossible. Diesel Vanagons only came in in 1982 and 1983 with full EPA and DOT paperwork.
I realize that the 25 year exception may let it into the 49 state USA, but CA MAY not recognize this.
Maybe just move to Virginia?
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
Wiky123 wrote:
Hello - New to the forum and excited to be here. I just purchased this 1986 Diesel Type 2 from a seller on Cars and Bids.

Maybe just move to Virginia?

Yeah, come on over! Welcome!
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

It looks like Vanagon are hot again.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Footage of the last bidder

elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

RoryGirl wrote:
Footage of the last bidder

lololol the panicked emails to BAT. Calling his credit card company to cancel his card.
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Hahah, it's been corrected. Now it's showing 28k.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Jump to:
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: