Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

55 snowflake mounted in egg location.
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 55 snowflake mounted in egg location. Reply with quote

I think the difference might be in the brackets and fenders for May-July domestic delivery vehicles. I purchased an NOS set of tail lights back in the late 80s that were supposed to be for early snowflakes. They did not fit regular 56 up dimpled fenders I had so didnt end up using them.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 55 snowflake mounted in egg location. Reply with quote

As a point of possible interest, "Martha", my un-restored June of '55 Oval has the brackets on my tail lights as seen (the lower one) in the photo above.

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 55 snowflake mounted in egg location. Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
As a point of possible interest, "Martha", my un-restored June of '55 Oval has the brackets on my tail lights as seen (the lower one) in the photo above.
Bill

That lower bracket is from my 1956 convertible (built on Aug 9,1955 ) The holes in my fender are a bit to far apart for Hearts/Egg brackets and to close together to fit normal snowflake brackets.
I also noticed on Martha your snowflakes do not have part numbers on the glass just like on my vert.

Hey Bill, do your snowflakes have the diffusers like the hearts but bigger,
I bet they do.
User ESDE also has the same brackets & taillights with no part numbers on the glass as we do, he has a super early 1956 convertible also.
(Jimmy Sprinkles)

Diffusers on my vert

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023

Last edited by 56Cabrio on Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 55 snowflake mounted in egg location. Reply with quote

I always wondered if there was a 55 only rear fender and it looks like its been verified. I checked against my 58 atlas blue euro rear fender and got the same measurements even with the later bracket so looks like the only difference was the bracket hole placement.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 55 snowflake mounted in egg location. Reply with quote

AlteWagen wrote:
I always wondered if there was a 55 only rear fender and it looks like its been verified. I checked against my 58 atlas blue euro rear fender and got the same measurements even with the later bracket so looks like the only difference was the bracket hole placement.

Hey Tony,
here is a pic of the hole placement on the vert (not a great pic though)

1963 Hard Top

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 55 snowflake mounted in egg location. Reply with quote

I have one of the original fenders off my 56 vert, will pull it down from the rafters to measure this eve. It's the fender that was hit back in the 80's and replaced, but it has always stayed with the car.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 55 snowflake mounted in egg location. Reply with quote

esde wrote:
I have one of the original fenders off my 56 vert, will pull it down from the rafters to measure this eve. It's the fender that was hit back in the 80's and replaced, but it has always stayed with the car.

WOW...That's super cool they saved the fender !!!

1963 Hard Top

56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
I happen to also own a project and unrestored black 1957 Deluxe Beetle Kabriolett stored in my garage since 1995 and that I'm just getting started with its full restoration process.
BillBowman

Thanks for this Bill, i just showed the wife your post as she always complains that we have had the vert to long and should of fixed it up years ago.
She thinks its her vert cause she rode shotgun 16 hours round trip in my chevy 1/2 ton to pick it up on my birthday in 2000 Laughing Laughing Laughing

1963 Hard Top

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: