Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's up with RS FAB?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Gruppe B wrote:

Really inferior. I bought one years ago from the classifieds and never installed. You have to drill a hole in the shift lever making a weak point that has been often reported to break causing the owner to weld the shifter or find another one. I have the shifter kit still in my garage and I'll sell it cheap (shipping) but I wouldnt install it in my van.

Good info. That sounds familiar. Maybe it even showed up in this thread.

I canít say I ever even thought of the shift lever throw (or length) in a Vanagon to be a problem but itís fun to try some mods. This was one I had down as a possibility.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

From another thread...

Quote:
MODERATOR NOTE:Aug 2019
THIS SELLER HAS A HISTORY OF NOT COMMUNICATING, NOT SHIPPING AFTER HAVING TAKEN YOUR MONEY!!!!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=645384

Shop wisely

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Luckyphil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

I have sent many emails over the last 8 weeks however sometimes Melanie gets back to me asking me to clarify what I want then no answer. Either Ray has gone broke or is no longer interested in selling his great parts. I wanted to get 2 big shot shifters and some other stuff bu looks like that wont happen. Hey Ray if you are reading this what the go mate.
Wellington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Do you want a shifter or the right to complain?
Vancafe has the shifter in stock, order it from them, and get a few other parts you need shipped at the same time.

I agree no communication is very bad business. Maybe Ray has a commitment to shops to supply them first?
It is certainly easier to ship 25 units to Vancafe than to deal with 25 different requests, maybe he is going wholesale.
Again, I'm not supporting his choice to ignore requests.
Luckyphil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: What's up with RS FAB? Reply with quote

Wellington wrote:
Do you want a shifter or the right to complain?
Vancafe has the shifter in stock, order it from them, and get a few other parts you need shipped at the same time.

I agree no communication is very bad business. Maybe Ray has a commitment to shops to supply them first?
It is certainly easier to ship 25 units to Vancafe than to deal with 25 different requests, maybe he is going wholesale.
Again, I'm not supporting his choice to ignore requests.

Well Well Wellington, I do already have a big shot in fact was the first in Australia to get one a few years ago, left positive feedback on Rays site as well. Rays pathetic treatment or plain disregard for customers prompted my post so whats your excuse. I had convinced 2 others here in Australia to get the big shot but Ray dosnt help. We in Australia have the pleasure of having 5 speed gearboxes and if you had chosen to look Van Cafe dont sell the 5 speed. I also have been a loyal customer of VanCafe for many years & today ordered a rear wheel carrier from them. Instead of making up scenarios for why Ray dosnt communicate why dont you as him yourself. He probably wont answer though.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: