Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Syncro Solstice 7: May 19-22, 2017
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwilk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

anyone know the dates for 2017? I have to sign up for vacation on monday~
hans j
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

Started talking about it today since there have been others planning as well... May 18-21 is high on the list as of now, but hopefully a final date set soon.
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

Popcorn Very Happy

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
hans j
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

hans j wrote:
Started talking about it today since there have been others planning as well... May 18-21 is high on the list as of now, but hopefully a final date set soon.

Had a group phone call about the event tonight (people in three states!), and those dates are looking good. Just have to reserve the campsite and it will be official.
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

hans j wrote:
hans j wrote:

Had a group phone call about the event tonight (people in three states!), and those dates are looking good. Just have to reserve the campsite and it will be official.

Any final word? Very Happy

The Western Syncro build
hans j
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

So the campsite is reserved by someone else on the 18th. This means a couple different things...

1- we could just go Friday to Monday (19th to23rd).

2- we can go a week earlier, but then it's mothers day.

3- the week after is already booked.

4- we can find another site (looking and they aren't as big as our usual site...)

We don't really have an issue with going to monday, but I want everyone's opinion here, especially those traveling from far away.
rs251
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

It would be great if it was the weekend after Syncrofest, if that date is available. Just thinking that would be nice for long distance travellers and probably cooler weather too ?
hans j
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

rs251 wrote:
It would be great if it was the weekend after Syncrofest, if that date is available. Just thinking that would be nice for long distance travellers and probably cooler weather too ?

Sometimes too cold! Had to wear our jackets two years ago? It's a fine line between cold and hot and what events are going on in Moab. It's a popular place that time of year due to the usual good weather (but it is Utah and can change at any time...).
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

hans j wrote:
So the campsite is reserved by someone else on the 18th. This means a couple different things...

4- we can find another site (looking and they aren't as big as our usual site...)

We don't really have an issue with going to monday, but I want everyone's opinion here, especially those traveling from far away.

How about make reservations for the 19-23 and then continue this discussion for a few days to see if that holds. It is easy to cancel the reservation (and by making it the site cannot be taken while everyone decides)... Very Happy Very Happy

And I am fine with the 19-23 and I will be coming from far away.... Very Happy

The Western Syncro build

Last edited by dobryan on Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Syncronicity
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

hans j wrote:

I'd like to avoid holding it the weekend of Mothers day. Lone Mesa isn't a perfect camp site, but for a group the size of ours, I can't think of a better location in the Moab area to hold this event. We can reserve a year in advance and should book it for the following year right after each event.
________oo_oo
/ /__/___[_____\
I I======[]IIIII[]
()_)------()_)----)_)
hans j
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

dobryan wrote:

Lone Mesa campground reserved for may 19th through the 22nd. Plenty of BLM camping and pay camping around the area for those who get there early.
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

hans j wrote:
dobryan wrote:

Lone Mesa campground reserved for may 19th through the 22nd. Plenty of BLM camping and pay camping around the area for those who get there early.

Yaay! Making plans now.

I'll be bringing my 80 year old mother with me. She's a hoot and in pretty good shape. We hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon 5 years ago. Very Happy

We'll start our camping with this event and then go on to Arches, Bryce, and Zion...

The Western Syncro build
Powbum5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 7: May 19-22, 2017 Reply with quote

Is this happening? How does one register? The website still has 2016 info.

Thanks
hans j
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 7: May 19-22, 2017 Reply with quote

Powbum5 wrote:
Is this happening? How does one register? The website still has 2016 info.

Thanks

The organizers live in 3 different states, so it's taking some time. But yes, this is happening on those dates! Registration will be on the website, once it's updated... Maybe soon. I hope.
dkoesyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 7: May 19-22, 2017 Reply with quote

Any updates? We put in our vacation requests and are planning/prepping for the trip.

We're heading to the Alvord, The Great Basin and then to Solstice. After that its an open book for the following week, any recommendations?
WLD*WSTY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 7: May 19-22, 2017 Reply with quote

Whaaat, not having it the same weekend as Overland Expo?!? Shocked
Hopefully we can make it this year, if I can get the rig prepped in time...
hans j
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 7: May 19-22, 2017 Reply with quote

We're working on opening registration this week!

dkoesyncro wrote:
Any updates? We put in our vacation requests and are planning/prepping for the trip.

We're heading to the Alvord, The Great Basin and then to Solstice. After that its an open book for the following week, any recommendations?

Goblin Valley, Highway 12, Peek-a-boo canyon and Spooky Gulch, Capitol Reef - Cathedral Valley, Hell's Backbone Bridge... I can probably link all of those into a nice drive back west Very Happy It pretty much comes down to how much time you have!

On the way in you could stop by Baker Hot Springs, Topaz Internment Camp, Delta Solar Ruins, and Pahvant Butte then The Lava.

You could spend months driving around dirt roads in the desert...
CinnabarVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 7: May 19-22, 2017 Reply with quote

I just registered and planning to be there Friday.
Driving in from Rochester NY on my way to Orange County with my 89 Syncro rusty Westy.

Got to stop in Hot Springs for work, on the way so will hit Route 66/40 through ABQ and planning to stay at Chaco Canyon the night before

Cheers,
Joel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dkoesyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 7: May 19-22, 2017 Reply with quote

Registration is open!?!
Syncro Jael
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 7: May 19-22, 2017 Reply with quote

Registered and ready for the Solstice and to meet up with friends and make new ones again.

Thanks for all of your hard work to make this fun.

Let's hope the weather will cooperate?

Cheers...

Ron

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: