Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gumby Gets a Makeover then... Gets Totaled
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
markswagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Gumby Gets a Makeover then... Gets Totaled Reply with quote

nate, you should leave it here, if folk don't want to help, that's on them, if some feel strongly enough to give you a hard time about it, ignore them i'm sure if the boot was on the other foor they would have very different views on it.
it makes me sad that you felt the need to take it down, think on putting it back.

Mastern wrote:
I’ll be taking the gofundme down. Just doesn’t feel right asking strangers for money. Especially not knowing the outcome of the insurance settlement yet. Thought itd be ok after getting recommended it by a few people but it’s just not for me.

619 201 0310
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Gumby Gets a Makeover then... Gets Totaled Reply with quote

Mastern wrote:
I’ll be taking the gofundme down. Just doesn’t feel right asking strangers for money. Especially not knowing the outcome of the insurance settlement yet. Thought itd be ok after getting recommended it by a few people but it’s just not for me.

Brother, I totally get how awkward that feels. But it breaks my heart to hear you're taking it down.

Perhaps put it in limbo until actual losses are clearer? YES, the drunken idiot's insurer SHOULD pay every nickel -- but that is NOT the way it's likely to play out in real world USA, and especially in not recouping your sweat equity nor your stresses of incident and otherwise.

I meant what I said in a post above about helping out with dough if you need it, but hope that hasn't backfired. I can appreciate the above comment about some having had worse things happen, but have absolutely no idea why that should be a consideration here if compared to not having had this massive loss at all. I find comparing to be bad or inconsequential when used in such terms, fact is you've had a helluva hit in many ways.

Thought I heard through the grapevine that there WERE some injuries, is that right? Meaning physical injuries, beyond the obvious emotional impacts here that will last at least until you have a new van that's as nice as the old van and that could be years!

Don't feel weird about letting forum sisters and brothers help. I can say with absolute clarity it was the only good thing to come out of our crash. A Great Thing, in fact.

All the best and please keep us posted!!! Cool

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: