1979 911 SC coupe rally safari off road race Price: $75000
1979 Porsche 911 SC 9119201189 has been used by the last three owners as a track race car. This 911 coupe originally came from New Jersey as a low mileage race car owned by a PCA driving instructor.
In 2010 the car was purchased by a racer from El Paso Texas. The car was very competitive and one of the best handling cars in Redline Racing’s stable. She was able to pull corners on the track at 1.6 Gs and capable of braking at 1.6 Gs. Upgrades were constantly done to the car.
The last owner Owen Gibson of T2V Racing and Restoration purchased the car from Redline Racing out of Texas in 2016. T2V Racing continued with racing the car at NASA events until it was purchased by the current owner in April 2018. Records back to 2007 show some of the build and maintenance history of this car.
In 2018 the car was brought to Redline Service where it was completely disassembled down to the bare chassis.
This car, as you see it, is fully convertible between it’s competitive original configuration and the new dirt road configuration. It can be transformed from one config to the other in about a day.
Track configuraton includes:
· Mono ball Front drop spindle Bilstein racing front rear shocks
· Front 23mm and rear 33mm gun drilled torsion bars
· Aluminum Racing seats
· 8 X 16 Fuchs with racing tires
· Lightwight steel factory doors
· Safety net 5 point harnesses Firecharger fire system
· Front fiberglass bumper with adjustable splitter
· One piece rear fiberglass bumper
Dirt Road configuration includes
· Driver and passengers seats are vintage Recars with forced air ventilation
· Stock SC Struts front and rear
· 19mm stock front torsion bars
· 23mm rear torsion bars
· Chrome steel wheels. 7 inch rear, 5 1/2 inches on the front.
· Maxis rally tires
· Powder coated stock Turbo bumpers front and rear
· Powder coated parts including custom bumper guards
· Front and rear powder coated skid plates
· Suspension set to give 9 inches of clearance under the steering rack
· The Eric Linden roof rack is a recration of an early factory rack sourced. This was poweder coated with the other items
Updates to benifit either configuration
· Adjustable sway bars were installed both front and rear Elephant racing spring plates
· Bluetooth tire pressure and temperature monitoring system.
· The 3.0 L SC motor was completely rebuilt from crankshaft out
· The entire fuel system was gone through including pump, accumulator, rebuilt warm up regulator, rebuilt fuel distributor, new factory fuel lines, new injectors.
· Resealed fuel cell good to 2022.
· Fadanza aluminum flywheel Sachs sport clutch
· B&B stainless headers running to a Custom Flowmaster mufflers with turn down tips. These tips can be directed down or to the side. Allows you to “tune” the sound – kinda fun.
· Limited slip 915 gearbox with close ratio gears and a electric dry sump oil pump system and cooler
· Sparco steering wheel with quick release hub
· 930 Turbo tire rod ends.
· Front brakes from a 928 GTS with Coleman floating rotors.
· Rear brakes are front 930 red calipers.
· 32mm axles and new CV joints (stocks axles are 26mm).
· Powder coated bolt in Autopower roll-bar
· All glass windows were replaced with Lexan including a removable rear window.
· Carpets and door panels are from Autobahn.
· The dash has full LED lighting
· Late-model Carrera cupholder.
· All external lighting is LED including the H4 Hella headlights bulbs.
· The sunroof was restored to proper operation.
The new Dirt Road build including the 3.0 motor and transmission have just under 1000 miles of test driving in all conditions including rain, city, mud, back roads and track testing. Every component of the car was cleaned inspected, repainted or replaced as needed.
action at Bring a trailer went to $67,500 https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-porsche-911sc-16/
YouTube build video build pictures. show.
Race parts engine and transmission