1965 Velvetgreen split panel; matching# unrestored Price: €35000
For sale is my 1965 Volkswagen splitscreen T1 panelvan in the best color, velvet green.
It was build January 1965 and it got its first licenceplate in February. The car was in the middle of Italy untill 2017 when I bought it and brought it over to Holland.
- OG engine, so matching #
- OG paint, including the red bars (compulsory in Italy when transporting goods.)
- OG interior
- OG glass all around
- Lots of documents; og manual, service booklet, og Italian registration certificate etc
- One key fits all
- Fully serviced when licensed in Holland.
* New brake lines, brake cilinders back, brake shoes front+back
* New wheel bearings front
* New tires
* New front shock absorbers
* Fresh gearbox oil
* Engine service
* TUV/MOT/APK until May 2020
* Etc etc
- NO rust
- The door hinges were welded long time ago. Its functional, but not pretty.
- Some scuffs and dents ( or call it character ).
- Minor rustholes along the A pillar in the cabinfloor.
- Gear lever shakes, needs new gearshift bushing. The gearbox is good.
- The passenger seat is ripped. (But not bad for being 54 years old...)
It will be difficult to find a better splitscreen that has not been restored. And they are original only once.
The only reason it is up for sale is because I got my eye on a barndoor. And I don’t have the space (and the money) to keep both....
Email or call me when seriously interested. I can send you pictures and / or video’s of every detail you want. Or come over and have a testdrive!
The car is in Huizen, 20 minutes from Amsterdam / Schiphol.
Please, no tire kickers or pic collectors.
Asking € 35.000 ($ 39.500 / £ 31.500)