Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

And all three are dandelions.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Love the coupe.
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Not crazy about any of them! Rolling Eyes The coupe looks really nice at first with that early color scheme, but the rest not so much.

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Era Vulgaris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

That coupe was for sale here in the classifieds like 6 or 7 years ago- it was around the time I owned my 67 coupe. I remember it because of the color scheme and the IRS conversion.
I do remember it looking nicer back then. I'm pretty sure it didn't have that ugly black decking in the engine bay, or the ugly chrome fresh air hoses or that suppository-looking coil cover.
Terrible quality pics though. I'm guessing the seller took them, because if those were done by one of BAT's pro photographers I'd want my money back.

Previously owned:
98 Porsche Boxster, silver, 2.5L -- 67 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1500sp -- 98 BMW Z3, Atlanta Blue Metallic, 2.8L I6 -- 75 Porsche 914, Laguna Blue, 2270cc -- 72 Porsche 914, Signal Orange, 1.7 FI -- 74 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1600dp -- 74 Triumph TR6 with O.D., sapphire blue
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Olli from NJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

One thing that I know for a fact from having sold my Viper on BAT, is that BAT does not have 'PRO' photographers everywhere. BAT did not have one for me to use here in Southern Delaware so I took my own pictures. The same could be true for the coupe seller.

Olli
AmandaCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Exotic Car Trader does use professional photographers. I know this because they reached out to my son on Instagram and now use him as a contract photographer for listings in our local area. So far he's photographed a 1969 Chevelle and a 2016 show Corvette. Just Mom bragging and passing on information lol

Previous toys:
2015 ZL1 - ran 165mph standing mile @ Texas Mile
2018 ZL1 - ran 175mph standing mile @ Texas Mile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ahcheemjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Thoughts? I was surprised to see it go that high.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-convertible-15/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

ahcheemjoe wrote:

People seem to like red.

Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

ahcheemjoe wrote:

I think the price was just about right.
It's among the better offerings in the last few months.
Seems well sorted.
The bidding war certainly helped.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
JAL78 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

ahcheemjoe wrote:

Car was decent and attractive but IMO not worth $30,712.50 ( BAT fee included) given its a late model, the floor pans were patched and the engine was pretty worn @ 90psi compression and would need rebuilding pretty soon.
http://www.vw-resource.com/compression.html#:~:tex...20pistons.
1961 Karmann Ghia convertible
1965 Karmann Ghia convertible
1973 Karmann Ghia convertible Sport Edition
1974 Thing
ahcheemjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

It also helped that the dealer has a strong reputation. His listings are always well presented. Myself, I'd subtract for red.
63 Lotus Seven
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Yesterday 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

JAL78 wrote:
ahcheemjoe wrote:

Car was decent and attractive but IMO not worth $30,712.50 ( BAT fee included) given its a late model, the floor pans were patched and the engine was pretty worn @ 90psi compression and would need rebuilding pretty soon.

90 psi in on the low side but when, who and how the reading was taken matters. I think it's the first time I've seen a BAT KG seller include that info.
Still, I think the final price was reasonable given the condition. I'd agree it's at the top of the range given the condition.
One thing for sure, if one is looking to buy a Ghia this would be a good time to do it. The market is trending trending down, down, down Laughing
But when you buy them for love it matters not Cool

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
JAL78 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Yesterday 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
JAL78 wrote:
ahcheemjoe wrote:

90 psi in on the low side but when, who and how the reading was taken matters. I think it's the first time I've seen a BAT KG seller include that info.
Still, I think the final price was reasonable given the condition. I'd agree it's at the top of the range given the condition.
One thing for sure, if one is looking to buy a Ghia this would be a good time to do it. The market is trending trending down, down, down Laughing
But when you buy them for love it matters not Cool

I hope that the buyer was not naïve and bid on this car accordingly. Your so correct about who and how the compression test was taken matters. All of the prior service work before the sale was done by the sellers service center so I assume that they are professional mechanics. Readings below 100 psi are considered very low and indicates that the motor has lots of wear.
https://www.a-gc.com/vehicle-service
1961 Karmann Ghia convertible
1965 Karmann Ghia convertible
1973 Karmann Ghia convertible Sport Edition
1974 Thing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113
Jump to:
Page 113 of 113

Jump to: