Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com
 
Installed Rebuilt alternator Wiring fried
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Print View
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member


Joined: October 30, 2007
Posts: 31215
Location: Nor Cal
SGKent is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch AL75X Remanufactured Alternator Fried My Wiring " Reply with quote

Tom Powell wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
... then the argument would be which litter had the better container


http://www.tidycats.com/products/breeze?utm_campai...lways%20on

Aloha
tp


almost snorted milk on that one Smile
_________________
Godspeed to all who undertake a journey in a VW Bus.

*You can do it right the first time, or do it over, the choice is yours. It is a free country. As to brakes, steering, tires, axles etc. - you may only get one chance at doing those right.

It isn't our fault you bought a 50-year old toy you can't afford. None of us can afford it really. Even Steve Jobs had to sell his bus to make his financial life work.

1971 (sold)
1977
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Peckerhead


Joined: January 01, 2007
Posts: 11792
Location: sticksville, ct.
skills@eurocarsplus is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch AL75X Remanufactured Alternator Fried My Wiring " Reply with quote

I wish there was a like button here. you guys kill me Laughing



Link

_________________
gprudenciop wrote:

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member


Joined: September 30, 2004
Posts: 5212
Location: Los Alamos, New Mexico
jtauxe is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch AL75X Remanufactured Alternator Fried My Wiring " Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
I am scared too now. Gonna use the bus for Yosemite this year, take some nice photos and sell it before the part-quality gets worse.

What scares me worse is having new cars that I can't work on and can't be fixed after 10 years.
_________________
John
"The bus came by and I got on. That's when it all began..." - Garcia/Weir/Kreutzman
http://vw.tauxe.net
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Peckerhead


Joined: January 01, 2007
Posts: 11792
Location: sticksville, ct.
skills@eurocarsplus is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch AL75X Remanufactured Alternator Fried My Wiring " Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:

What scares me worse is having new cars that I can't work on and can't be fixed after 10 years.


sadly, I feel the same way and work on this stuff for a living. it will be so cost prohibitive to own a car much past that 10 year mark...

there are very few electronic rebuilders out there that can repair some of this stuff. if that market turns up the wick, we may be ok.

the problem with some of this is when the processors die, you can pretty much kiss the module good bye. it's crazy to think of how this is going to turn out for us....
_________________
gprudenciop wrote:

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ToolBox
Samba Member


Joined: January 27, 2004
Posts: 2597
Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11
ToolBox is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bosch AL75X Remanufactured Alternator Fried My Wiring " Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
jtauxe wrote:

What scares me worse is having new cars that I can't work on and can't be fixed after 10 years.


sadly, I feel the same way and work on this stuff for a living. it will be so cost prohibitive to own a car much past that 10 year mark...

there are very few electronic rebuilders out there that can repair some of this stuff. if that market turns up the wick, we may be ok.

the problem with some of this is when the processors die, you can pretty much kiss the module good bye. it's crazy to think of how this is going to turn out for us....


Wait till the Brembo brake by wire system is rolled out!! The brake pedal is totaly decoupled mechanically from the hydrulic system. Each front caliper has it's own master with a processor, the rears are electro mechanical and the brake pedal has a processor. It is scheduled for a 2020 rollout, probably won't see it on an appliance car for a long time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
asiab3
Air-Schooled


Joined: April 04, 2012
Posts: 10067
Location: San Diego
asiab3 is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Bosch AL75X Remanufactured Alternator Fried My Wiring " Reply with quote

ToolBox wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
jtauxe wrote:

What scares me worse is having new cars that I can't work on and can't be fixed after 10 years.


sadly, I feel the same way and work on this stuff for a living. it will be so cost prohibitive to own a car much past that 10 year mark...

there are very few electronic rebuilders out there that can repair some of this stuff. if that market turns up the wick, we may be ok.

the problem with some of this is when the processors die, you can pretty much kiss the module good bye. it's crazy to think of how this is going to turn out for us....


Wait till the Brembo brake by wire system is rolled out!! The brake pedal is totaly decoupled mechanically from the hydrulic system. Each front caliper has it's own master with a processor, the rears are electro mechanical and the brake pedal has a processor. It is scheduled for a 2020 rollout, probably won't see it on an appliance car for a long time.


Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
Summer (and fall, and winter practically,) Tour is wrapping up. Now booking Fall/Winter lessons in Southern California!
www.airschooled.com/learn-to-fix-your-volkswagen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member


Joined: July 20, 2011
Posts: 12843
Location: San Jose, California, USA
Tcash is offline 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Installed Rebuilt alternator Wiring fried Reply with quote

Alternator Type IV (4)


1.$&@&$ Alternator Terminal Sad
2.Red Alternator wire to starter fried! Help!
3.HELP!!! Fried my brand new altenator!
4.alt. smoke and dirty shorts
5.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2018, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB