Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com
 
Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Print View
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member


Joined: December 08, 2016
Posts: 124

NUTSFORBUSES is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

Are the wheels correct?
IF they are, mine are not. They may be earlier wheels, mine are smoothies/14's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
easy e
Samba Member


Joined: May 28, 2008
Posts: 3620
Location: Five Cities, CA
easy e is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

Smoothies are a beetle wheel... but 15 inch.
Maybe your 14's just have the tiny slot... a 14" bus wheel.
Here's some discussion on the 15" to 14" changeover.
_________________
aka: Evan
Spreadsheet for Bus RPM, based on gearing & tire size (Excel format)
Searchable, click-navigable 1958 Bus Parts List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member


Joined: December 08, 2016
Posts: 124

NUTSFORBUSES is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

Thanks easy e
According to Everett in the faqs page:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=290000

I do have the correct wheels
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Douglas Denlinger
Samba Member


Joined: May 23, 2003
Posts: 1316
Location: Arizona's version of the east coast
Douglas Denlinger is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:
Douglas Denlinger wrote:
Agree with the price range given by auction company. Hopefully higher, as said definitely one of the better buses available.


I have that feeling also, I'll be there when the hammer drops!



Be sure to report back, one on the undercarriage condition and two on price!
_________________
Transporter Restorations
Upholstery Haus

Active 23 Window Samba Collector/Restorer,since 1986
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member


Joined: February 16, 2016
Posts: 1005
Location: New Kent VA
ryans65 is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

10-4!

Douglas Denlinger wrote:
ryans65 wrote:
Douglas Denlinger wrote:
Agree with the price range given by auction company. Hopefully higher, as said definitely one of the better buses available.


I have that feeling also, I'll be there when the hammer drops!



Be sure to report back, one on the undercarriage condition and two on price!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Drew Ogden
Samba Member


Joined: February 19, 2004
Posts: 323
Location: Elbow Cay, Bahamas
Drew Ogden is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

I know the seller to that bus, I bought a 1954 Porsche cabriolet from him. I can promise you that he did not restore that bus with the intention of selling it...for what it is worth. He is a nice guy, a rich guy, and someone that has an open checkbook on most everything he touches.

I am not saying it is a perfect resto, but his intention was to do it right. Completely different from the "other bus" that has been called out as a fake...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PeteSC
Samba Member


Joined: January 26, 2011
Posts: 635

PeteSC is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

This bus has a pretty good album detailing its build on Smitty's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.41174187...ed926e3a7e
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member


Joined: October 16, 2002
Posts: 11812
Location: Tejas!
Erik G is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

yeah, and a build thread here...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=533880&highlight=

Use Google Chrome and the hot fix plug in photobucket
_________________
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member


Joined: February 16, 2016
Posts: 1005
Location: New Kent VA
ryans65 is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

WOW, I am not on facebook so I did not see this album. Looked like a killer bus to begin with and he did an outstanding job!

PeteSC wrote:
This bus has a pretty good album detailing its build on Smitty's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.41174187...ed926e3a7e
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PeteSC
Samba Member


Joined: January 26, 2011
Posts: 635

PeteSC is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
yeah, and a build thread here...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=533880&highlight=

Use Google Chrome and the hot fix plug in photobucket


I had no idea such a fix existed....thanks for passing that tip along, that works great!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member


Joined: February 16, 2016
Posts: 1005
Location: New Kent VA
ryans65 is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

Bus is absolutely killer, someone will get a nice solid ride!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Douglas Denlinger
Samba Member


Joined: May 23, 2003
Posts: 1316
Location: Arizona's version of the east coast
Douglas Denlinger is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

Price?
_________________
Transporter Restorations
Upholstery Haus

Active 23 Window Samba Collector/Restorer,since 1986
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member


Joined: February 16, 2016
Posts: 1005
Location: New Kent VA
ryans65 is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

I believe it went for $120k... They rearranged the schedule for the weekend due to potentially bad weather Sunday so we didn't make it to the auction.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
clnvwe2
Samba Member


Joined: April 15, 2006
Posts: 877
Location: BBQ grill
clnvwe2 is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

126K
_________________
"Keep your horn on"

Cunado 4 life!!!!!!!

Instagram : Flatkool


WTB- The Brundage Motors Plate frame that Merrpie Pribanic's looking for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master


Joined: April 15, 2001
Posts: 16952
Location: GFK 28 Year Vet
Skim is offline 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:
Bus is absolutely killer, someone will get a nice solid ride!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


The OG Como green middle and rear seat covers and kick panels from this bus now reside in my 15 window Dancing

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
GFK
Samba since before the towers collapsed. Still here.

1954 Sunroof
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1961 Deluxe SWR / BG 15 Window
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member


Joined: February 16, 2016
Posts: 1005
Location: New Kent VA
ryans65 is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Amelia Island 1964 Volkswagen Deluxe 21-Window Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
ryans65 wrote:
Bus is absolutely killer, someone will get a nice solid ride!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


The OG Como green middle and rear seat covers and kick panels from this bus now reside in my 15 window Dancing

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


I just saw this, it truly is a small world!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB