Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Access to heater channel
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ELFRIED
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:43 am    Post subject: Access to heater channel Reply with quote

Hi,

I have some questions about how to get into the heater channel cq rocker cavity.

What is the best way to remove the heater vent in the dogleg on a 63 kg?
There should be 2 caps in the rear wheelwell ,only I don't seem to find them.Anyone got a picture of them?
Other waysto get there?

Gr

E
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Access to heater channel Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with any caps that are supposed to be in the rear wheelwell, but if you are trying to access the inside of the heater channel I think you could remove the accordian style plastic tube that connects the output of the heat exchangers (or J-tubes, depending on what the PO left you with) with the Y-pipe that resides beneath your Karmann Ghia's back seat.

This image from the thread Question regarding the heater channels underneath the rear seats illustrates what I'm reffering to...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I believe you should be able to run your bore scope into the base of the Y-pipe, and then follow the branch that heads over to the outer side of the vehicle (as opposed to the branch that ends in the heat vent below the rear seat) right on into the rocker heater channel.
ELFRIED
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Access to heater channel Reply with quote

Well yes ,I guess this should be possible ....but not easy !

I received a pm from Emil and he's got the 3 holes in the wheelwell but his car is a 70.
It could be interesting to hear if other owners of earlier ghia's -say begin 60- have these holes.
I can't seem to find them.

gr

E
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: