Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

Shocked

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mikewire
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

BEAST mode inbound Very Happy

@countdowngarage
@bigskyeuro

1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC swap
1965 VW Beetle Deluxe Bahama Blue
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Classifieds Feedback
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

mikewire wrote:
BEAST mode inbound Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

Shocked

Very nice!
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

The new motor is installed and running. This is my first non-stock motor. It's a 1904 with 40 Webers. It has 1 1/2" heater boxes with flange fittings and a A1 sidewinder exhaust. It comes close to doubling the original HP and Torque versus my original 1600sp. I still have some tidying up to do but it runs nice.

airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

Nice! Who built it? I'm always on the look out down there…

Where's the first road trip?

Robbie
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

Exciting!, can't wait for the review, and comparison to stock just last week!, but you are on your own when it's valve adjustment time, looks like big work to me. Razz

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

airschooled wrote:
Nice! Who built it? I'm always on the look out down there…

Where's the first road trip?

Robbie

Hi Robbie, it was built by Chico Performance in Arcadia. Headed to a campout up the coast tomorrow. Will report back. Thanks
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
Exciting!, can't wait for the review, and comparison to stock just last week!, but you are on your own when it's valve adjustment time, looks like big work to me. Razz

I’ve never owned a non-stock VW motor so any upgrade seems like a lot to me. There is test hill near my home that is my “4th gear hill”. When my 1600sp is tuned nicely I can make that hill in 4th gear, if it’s not running perfect I’m dropping down to 3rd. With my new motor, what hill? 😉

It’s two bolts to remove the muffler for a valve adjustment so shouldn’t be too bad. It has the V band flange so no gasket.
W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

Nice, you'll like the extra grunt when you hit the go pedal
Why the short filters in a bus?
I would think some tall vents and tall filters would help the overall performance.

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
1971 bay window westy- subi swap
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

Short videos:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvoVrKotT4i/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvL8it_LqXx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

I installed two LED light strips along the angled sheet metal at the top of the engine compartment near the deck lid. I ran a fused line from the battery post through a toggle switch that I mounted in a preexisting hole in the old air cleaner stand. Lights up pretty good.

Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

Rad time at Familienfest 2023. We beat the Hurriquake so the weather was awesome. Brought home some hardware as well. Wink

stripedbunny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

Anchovy wrote:
I installed two LED light strips along the angled sheet metal at the top of the engine compartment near the deck lid. I ran a fused line from the battery post through a toggle switch that I mounted in a preexisting hole in the old air cleaner stand. Lights up pretty good.

Nifty idea that turned out great -- one can never go wrong with extra lighting. Cool mug too!
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

stripedbunny wrote:

Nifty idea that turned out great -- one can never go wrong with extra lighting. Cool mug too!

Thank you!
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

Road test report: I now have 300 miles on the motor including a 45 mile trip to work today. With my old motor I was at 50MPH on some of the hills. With the new motor I easily cruised 60-65 up those same hills with about 3/4 of a pedal left. I also changed out the air filters to see if that made any difference in performance. None that I could notice.

W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

do your carbs have vents on the top?
they just help straighten the air flow into the carb, you probably won't notice a difference in the seat of your pants, but they should be a little more efficient than carbs without

Much nicer having the extra HP and torque when you need it though Dancing

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
1971 bay window westy- subi swap
Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

Those LED lights are great. Where did you get them?
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

Quote:
It’s two bolts to remove the muffler for a valve adjustment so shouldn’t be too bad. It has the V band flange so no gasket.

Those are just f-awesome. One of the kids cars has an aftermarket cat , since it’s an AWD I need to drop the muffler to get to stuff

It’s a painless 1 minute exercise with the v clamp
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 UVC "unidentified volkswagen camper" Reply with quote

Globespotter wrote:
Those LED lights are great. Where did you get them?

Thanks, I got this two unit pack on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YH20188?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

I got this switch but ended up not using the bracket:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YH20188?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: