Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VS v CSP Exhaust
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:00 am    Post subject: VS v CSP Exhaust Reply with quote

Chaps, after some quick advice if I may ? pros and cons etc.

Exhaust system for a stock AD 1600DP in a 67 Splitscreen, (No Heat) both roughly the same cost, which would you choose and why ? CSP or Vintage Speed ?
Cheers

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

2017 Golf GTD saloon
2008 VW EOS 2.0 TFSi
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: VS v CSP Exhaust Reply with quote

I vote VS. they tuck nicely under the apron, the tail pipe hugs the bumper, they sound good and you won’t have to remove it to adjust the valves. However both of your choices might be a bit much for a 1600, unless this is a 150hp 1600.

Maybe something like this might fit better, if it’s a stock style build.
https://store.vintagespeed.com.tw/Stainless-Steel-...p201392897
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: VS v CSP Exhaust Reply with quote

If you are after rpm power, take the sidewinder. If you are after better power in the driving rpms, take the VS. and preferably the SS143 version.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: VS v CSP Exhaust Reply with quote

Murt wrote:
For a stock AD 1600DP

You don't need anything fancy for a stock 1600.. unless you just have money to burn.

Buy this for $128 and save the $500 for something else.

https://www.westcoastmetric.com/i-22966416-muffler-1500-1600cc-bus-1963-71.html

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: VS v CSP Exhaust Reply with quote

That sidewinder is just an AA performance. It will drone really bad, and they are quite loud in a bus. I have one on my shorty now. Not by choice…. It will also induce the “sidewinder dip” and make tuning difficult.

I always vote VSpeed, although a little overkill for a stock engine, they are very nice, make good power, and last a long time.

Brian
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: VS v CSP Exhaust Reply with quote

Brian_e wrote:
That sidewinder is just an AA performance. It will drone really bad, and they are quite loud in a bus.
That´s part of the "fun" with a Sidewinder Laughing
I have one on my shorty now. Not by choice…. It will also induce the “sidewinder dip” and make tuning difficult.
On a stock engine the afr dip is typically almost not evident, because the intake is a little restricted and the cam overlap is minor.

I always vote VSpeed, although a little overkill for a stock engine, they are very nice, make good power, and last a long time.

Brian

sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: VS v CSP Exhaust Reply with quote

absolutely I would choose the Vintage Speed classic sport over any sidewinder

they sound better, the packaging is much tighter (removing muffler to adjust valves is annoying), and more appropriate for a stock engine

oh and they look better Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: