Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Center Cap for 2 liter Porsche Wheels
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Center Cap for 2 liter Porsche Wheels Reply with quote

Bought some og Porsche 2 liter wheels for my notch. What is the best setup for center caps? I see that ISP carries some at near $100 per set. Do I bite the bullet or is there a alternative that has decent quality at a lower price?
Thanks in advance
Bruce
64 Notch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rays-64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empi has a center cap that looks like the Porsche cap that is all clear (no paint). But since you have original stick with real thing, you won't regret it.
Brent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These will fit too. I like the way they look and used them on my 2L's.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1197421
Nate M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Mark at www.914rubber.com. He makes billet aluminum copies of the OEM S/S center caps and they are absolutely beautiful. I have a set for the Mahle wheels I ran on my Square. Here's a link to the ones he makes and sells:

http://shop.914rubber.com/914-wheel-center-caps-914LCC.htm?categoryId=-1

Mark is a really good vendor to work with and one hell of a good guy. Best $85 you can spend on your wheels IMHO.

Nate M.

Squarsche build
Heavy Metal Affliction feature

For heaven's sake, put a type4 and a Porsche 5-speed in there. . . It's the right thing to do!!
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Porsche caps Reply with quote

Thanks Nate! That was exactly what I was searching for. Got a set on order. Now I just need to find the time to finish the brakes and lowering on my notch before the summer runs out.
Bruce
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aurorakooba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Center Cap for 2 liter Porsche Wheels Reply with quote

I have Mahle 914 wheels on my 1970 FB, and I recently got the polished repro center caps. The caps fit very well on the wheels, but the back tires will not go on with the caps in place!! It is like the slotted nut, split pin and bush are all in the way. I see a lot of guys running these, so what is up?! Is there another adjustment that I am missing?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: