Turn Signal Controller LED/STD Semaphore 6/12 VW Price: $195
Solid State Turn Signal Flasher Controller 6/12V with or without Semaphores.
This is a two circuit system, one filament for signal and brake functions, the second filament for the tail light.
The solid state TURN SIGNAL FLASHER with optional HAZARD FUNCTION is a flasher and lamp driver controller designed to upgrade cars with or without factory turn signals. This is a complete turn signal controller that operates the right and left; front turn signal lights, rear turn signal/break lights. You have the option to leave the dash light wired to the Semaphores or use the flashing driver from the controller. The stock Semaphore switch is used to operate the Semaphores and the Turn Signal Flasher, maintaining the original stock look. The flasher will operate with 6 or 12 Volt electrical systems. For 6 to 12 Volt upgrades all lights are replaced with 12 Volt LED or standard incandescent lights in any combination, rear, front and dash. 6 Volt semaphores can be used in a 12 Volt system with the optional 12 Volt to 6 Volt converter.
The stock Semaphore turn signal switch can be used or a new SPDT switch can be mounted in any location. The controller is 100% solid state, there are no relays or mechanical flashers to wear out and fail. The Turn Signal Flasher will operate with or without Semaphores and will drive any combination of LED or standard incandescent 6 or 12 Volt bulbs. The Solid State Turn Signal controller adds all the functions of the 6 way switch, turn signal flasher and hazard flasher.
Don’t risk an accident or ticket because your Beetle does not have the required turn signal functions required by state law. 99.9% of the general public does not know what a semaphore indicates.
Link to video of flashing semaphore bulb with ring LED headlight and Chips LED tail light;
1. The dash light can wired to the controller for a flashing indicator or left connected to the Semaphores.
2. The four lamp outputs are connected to LED's on the PCB to make installation and testing easy.
3. The hazard light functions with an optional switch.
4. The Solid State Turn Signal controller flashes the brake light to indicate a turn when the Semaphore is activated; therefore, the rear lights or wiring is not modified.
5. The Turn Signal Flasher is designed to operate in a 6* or 12 V system with 6 or 12 V semaphores. The stock semaphore wiring is not modified when the Turn Signal Flasher Controller is installed, unless you want the dash or semaphore lights to flash.
6. To flash the Semaphore lamp, you need connect the Semaphore lamps to the Turn Signal Flasher Controller LR LT and RL LT terminals.
7. The Turn Signal Flasher detects the semaphore voltage to start the turn signals flashing, when the semaphore is turned off, the signal is turned off.
8. The front turn signal lamp is not required for the rear turn signals to operate.
9. The controller is 4.75”X3.5”X2.25” and 4.75”X3.5”X3.0” with the 12V to 6V Semaphore voltage converter. A smaller box 4”X2”X2.6” is available when the 12V to 6V Semaphore voltage converter is not ordered.
10. An external beeper* can be installed providing an audio tone to inform the driver of the turn signal operation.
11. The controller is designed to drive bulbs with 24 Watts or less. The flash period time is not effected by bulb wattage.
12. The three bulb/LED configuration is wired with the brake switch going directly to the brake bulbs/LEDs and not connected to the controller.
13. Another option for the three bulb/LED configuration would be to add a bumper mounted amber LEDs. Seen in the following video.
14. The first Turn Signal Flasher controller was sold on 5/15/2007 and it's still in operation without any problems after 10 years.
15. Hazard switch function optional. Switch functions: Hazard switch open off/ ground on. Lamp switch open off/ground on.
CURRENT SINK SYSTEMS warrants products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE year from the date of purchase.
All of Chips LED tail light assemblies are compatible.
NOTE: TAIL LIGHTS ARE NOT INCLUEDE, FOR STUNNING TAIL LIGHTS
CONTACT CHIP http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=Chip+B.
Customer emails and feedback:
If I were to do it over, I would buy your Flasher. I've already forwarded the info to a friend who wants to run his original semaphores on his '55 Bus but wants to keep the stock look of the original semaphore switch. My observation is that a lot of the younger people in the VW community like to drive their cars. A lot of the guys in our generation focused on restorations which led to sitting in the garage until the next show. Your products aren’t for the restoration crowd. They are for people who like to use and drive their cars... and there are a lot more of those people these days. Price? It's all relative. You get what you pay for. There will always be the cheap crowd. But if you want your car to be functional and dependable, then Wayne has you covered...
I just installed Wayne's Semaphore Controller on my '59 Bug. Works great, easy to install and Wayne is really easy to work with and willing to help you. We need more people like Wayne in the world....
Thank you Wayne! I actually have a bus with semaphores. Thanks for making things much easier, that they would be without your controller!
Hello Wayne ,
Update - everything is working now. With your new diagram , we have hooked up the J2 pin 1 and pin 2 as per your instruction , my 6v semaphore is working well now.
The emergency flasher is working fine too I just use an on off switch .
Everything works like a magic , thank u so much for your help !!! Really appreciate it .
Thanks and Best Rgds
View my other ads:
Semaphore Controller & 12 to 6V converter
Contact: Wayne at 408 396-0676 in Gilroy, CA
Shipping: $18 in USA with insurance, I accept ONLY Postal money orders from USA buyers and Western Union outside the USA. Priority Mail outside the USA $62.
1. 12 Volt to 6 Volt converter for 6 Volt Semaphores in a 12 Volt system, mounted under the controller. $49.95
2. External beeper. $19.95
3. Hazard switch function $24.95
Ad last edited:
Gilroy, California, USA Map it
Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:38 pm
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 am
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:47 am
Parts - General Parts
Watch this ad |
Watch this seller