Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts New!  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Turn signal switch?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
donald.lemay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Turn signal switch? Reply with quote

Got a question about the Wolfsburg West turn signal switch. I have all the wires hooked up and there is an extra wire. Bus is a 66 deluxe with the 66-67 switch-all the colors match my 66 diagram but confused buy the extra wire. Anyone experience this? Havenít checked to see if it works yet. Iím going to test it out tomorrow.
ported polished heads 40x36 valves
010 distributor
VS 42mm exhaust
40 IDF carbs
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signal switch? Reply with quote

Do you already have the high-low dip switch wire wired and operational when you test it?
Almanor23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signal switch? Reply with quote

What color is the 'extra' wire? If it's the blue wire, it goes to the turn signal indicator on your speedo. The brown wire is for the head light flash feature. All the other colors probably found mates of similar color.
donald.lemay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Turn signal switch? Reply with quote

Ok found out where ďextraĒ wire went, kind of embarrassing I was looking at my 6 volt diagram and 8 have a 9 prong box and 12 volt system. Everything works except flasher switch screws everything up. I noticed the switch is bad(have to wiggle it and then the knob flashes and not lights) so Iíll give that a go later.
Thanks for your help
010 distributor
VS 42mm exhaust
40 IDF carbs
donald.lemay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Turn signal switch? Reply with quote

OK nine pin question. If I short -S to ground the flasher should work correct. Also the flashers should work with the key off in the key on. Mine only flashes the relay not the lights with the key on, with the key off I only hear the relay click once. Also I know my emergency switch I believe is no good. Just trying to see if I need both. Trying to rule out nine pin relay but I think itís bad as well. Thanks for any suggestions ahead of time
010 distributor
VS 42mm exhaust
40 IDF carbs
donald.lemay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Turn signal switch? Reply with quote

Just wanted to throw it out there new WW harness and turn signal switch. Old nine pin relay.Everything working properly except emergency circuit.
010 distributor
VS 42mm exhaust
40 IDF carbs
donald.lemay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Today 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signal switch? Reply with quote

Problem solved new 9pin from WW and new to me emergency switch .
010 distributor
VS 42mm exhaust
40 IDF carbs
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: