Restored German Bosch Distributors Price: Varies
I have most models of the German Bosch aluminum distributors from 1965 through 1979 for bugs, buses and Ghias in stock. Many are already restored and ready to ship. Please click on my ads link to see which distributor(s) are ready to ship. Also, if you need a distributor for your Bus, Bug, Ghia or Thing not in an ad, email/PM me w/your need. I have quick turnaround times.
Each distributor restoration includes-
* Complete disassembly with all the parts cleaned in an ultrasonic parts cleaner.
* Each part is inspected and measured to insure it still meets specification.
* Each distributor body has any oxidation removed and is then polished. I can also leave it unpolished or do a very gentle media blast to the body on request.
* All distributors have (2) new and correct Bosch main shaft fiber washers installed. The main shaft is then shimmed to specifications.
* The external distributor cap clips, screws, drive dogs and condenser hold down clips are stripped of old zinc and re bright zinc plated. The screws are also gold cadmium coated now.
* All distributors are reassembled using correct distributor grease.
Post restoration, each distributor is checked on my recently calibrated Sun distributor machine to insure they match the factory advance curves. Each distributor canister is also checked for leaks and the appropriate advance/retard specifications. I find many Bosch vacuum canisters require adjustments to get them to hit the advance or retard specs. Even NOS Bosch units.
It's important to note that at least 30% of the distributors I disassemble are not rebuildable due to excessive wear. These distributors are scrapped w/any usable parts saved.
I can also restore your aluminum distributor. Costs start at $75 dollars. If your original German Bosch distributor has never been apart since new, it should be disassembled and thoroughly cleaned and inspected. Then re lubricated to prevent further wear from the old grease being gone and the parts wearing metal on metal. PM or email me for details.
These original German Bosch distributors were high quality parts and are excellent after restoration. When you match the correct distributor to the correct carburetor(s) and transmission, your VW will drive/run like it did when it was new.
About me- I have been a proud member/contributor on The Samba for 15 years. I have four decades of VW mechanical experience. This includes many years of restoring these amazing original parts to include Pierburg fuel pumps, altitude correctors, and distributors. Through these decades of VW ownership and mechanical work, I've found nothing works like the original restored German made carbs, distributors, fuel pumps and generators. VW "matched" their Solex carbs to their Bosch distributors. It's important that your German carb matches the distributor you want to run. PM me and I can help insure your VW is running the correct parts or make suggestions to help with your application.
**Need a restored German Square top or dome top fuel pump? I also have a couple NOS type 4 fuel pumps as well. Contact [email protected]**
**I ship worldwide**
Please see my sellers feedback thread-
Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004
I invoice through Square up which you can quickly pay with a credit card. I also accept Paypal or Venmo. All listed pricing is plus shipping & add 4% for paypal fees.
**I ship worldwide**
My feedback thread-